• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Thanks for posting - has anyone any idea which dates the tokens will be printed?

Just been out and got 4 copies of today's Yorkshire Evening Post - token is on page 26.

Apparently tokens will be printed every day up to and including Saturday 8 September.

See link in my earlier post for list of participating newspapers - seems to be pretty much most of the local papers in Yorkshire and the North East.

Just been out and got 4 copies of today's Yorkshire Evening Post - token is on page 26.

Apparently tokens will be printed every day up to and including Saturday 8 September.

See link in my earlier post for list of participating newspapers - seems to be pretty much most of the local papers in Yorkshire and the North East.

Great - thanks again.

danbushell

thanks for posting the Northern Rail offer.
deals like this that make this site of great use.

tamesidedepot

I'm sure i'm missing something with the Northern offer - is it basically a Ranger for the entire Northern network for £10 plus the tokens?

Bidstonboy

Has anybody had the £10 from Redspottedhanky from The Telegraph offer yet? When it eventually arrives, will it show up in the evoucher section or the loyalty points section of the website? Thanks.

hantsman1205

From Money saving expert yesterday,

CURRENT EUROSTAR DEALS

Eurostar £59 return sale
Online only
What: £59 return Eurostar standard tix Get by: 11.59pm Sat 15 Sep 2012
How: Eurostar's cheapest tickets are £69 return, but can run into the hundreds. But for travel this autumn loads of journeys are available at £59 return – pretty hot bargains.

To find the cheap tickets, book online at Eurostar* and once you've chosen your destination (Paris, Brussels, Calais or Lille), choose the number of tickets you need within the '26-59' age bracket. Eurostar confirms adults of all ages should use this box and there won't be any problems regarding age when you get there.

If £59 returns are available, you'll see £29.50 singles, though you must book an outbound and inbound fare to get the sale price. There's more chance of finding a £59 ticket for journeys during the week, but there is availability for weekend getaways too. It's best to book early as these tend to get snapped up quickly.

What do I get? £59 return Eurostar standard tickets from London St Pancras, Ashford or Ebbsfleet to Paris, Brussels, Calais or Lille.

The detail: You must travel between Tue 18 Sep and Wed 19 Dec 2012 (excludes school half-term Fri 26 Oct-Mon 5 Nov 2012). The offer's on standard non-flexible adult return tickets and they're subject to availability.

There's a max of nine people per booking and a £4 credit card fee. This deal can't be used with any other offers but can be combined with other hotel or car hire promos.

You can collect tickets from a Eurostar terminal or print them at home by clicking the 'print-at-home' tab during booking. Check in at least 30 minutes before your departure.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Has anybody had the £10 from Redspottedhanky from The Telegraph offer yet? When it eventually arrives, will it show up in the evoucher section or the loyalty points section of the website? Thanks.

Yes to the Telegraph £10 one but no the Facebook £5 one as yet.

It'll appear as a £10 evoucher with an expiry date of 31/12/2019.

shires666

They are inside today's Wakefield Express

http://www.northernrail.org/Sep12

Northern Rail and Johnston Press Flat Fare Offer

Register with MyNorthern to take advantage of the great £10 flat fare offer we have in association with Johnston Press.
All you have to do is:

1. Complete the MyNorthern application form below. Already a member of MyNorthern? Sign in and return to this page to download the form.
  2. Confirm your account by clicking on the link in the email we'll send you.
  3. Print off and complete the application form for the flat fare offer.
  4. Collect and affix two coupons from any participating Johnston Press publication to your application form.
  5. Go to any staffed station within the Northern network to be issued with your tickets.

1. This offer is valid from Sunday 16 September until Saturday 13 October 2012 inclusive and is valid every day for the duration of this offer. Time restrictions: only valid on trains timed to depart after 0900 Mondays to Fridays. Valid at any time weekends and Bank Holidays.
  2. Price: adult £10.00 each / child £5.00 each - no further discounts available.
  3. All tickets purchased using a single application form are only valid for the same date of travel.
  4. Valid on trains operated by Northern Rail only. This offer is not valid for travel on Arriva Trains Wales, Cross Country, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, First Hull Trains, First Transpennine Express, Grand Central, London Midland, Merseyrail Electrics or Virgin Trains services.
  5. Affix two tokens from participating Johnston Press newspapers to the application form and take to any staffed station within the Northern Rail network. The tickets for this offer cannot be purchased on trains.
  6. Completed signed application forms are valid to purchase up to four Northern Rail Day Ranger tickets (must include a minimum one adult ticket) for the same date of travel. Photocopies of tokens and application forms are not accepted.
  7. Postcode details will be shared with Johnston Press. If you opted in for marketing from Northern Rail and Johnston Press during registration, your details will be passed to Johnston Press.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crossover

Established Member
Looks like it may be in the full range of papers - thanks for prompting me to look :)

Looks like another day out on the Northern network is in order then :D

38Cto15E

Have any board members heard if East Coast will be offering their 'Special £25 ' fare this year ?
TIA

SS4

Established Member
LM are offering 34% off Advance/long distance off-peak tickets due to team GB getting 34 Paralympic golds. Tickets must be used between 17th and 30th September (return portions may be used afterwards though)

http://www.londonmidland.com/about-...ive/2009/01/celebrate-paralympicsgbs-success/

Edit: it would appear some poor soul is working late, I saw that from their Facebook and page posted about half 1 this morning

Last edited:

danbushell

got an e-mail from East Coast ofeering £12.50 seats to London.
booking conditions below.

Booking period ends midnight 21 September 2012 for East Coast travel between 1 October and 7 December 2012. The £12.50 fare can only be booked from the booking links in this email. If the £12.50 fare is available it will appear as an option to book, please note, in rare circumstances, a lower fare than the promotional flat fare may be presented in the booking engine, when this is the case, this fare can be booked. Excluded travel dates: Between Edinburgh and London: Fri 12 October - Mon 22 October 2012 inclusive and 26 October and 5 November inclusive. Between Leeds/Doncaster and London: Fri 26 October - Mon 5 November 2012. £12.50 promotional tickets are subject to availability. 14,000 seats are available between Edinburgh and London King's Cross, 65,000 seats are available between Doncaster and London King's Cross and 45,000 seats are available between Leeds and London King's Cross.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The £12.50 fare can only be booked from the booking links in this email.

Without the link this doesn't appear to be very useful...

Having said that EC have a habit of only allowing the offers for those they have sent the e-mail to. I have two registered accounts with them and they do not get the same promotional e-mails.

cjp

got an e-mail from East Coast ofeering £12.50 seats to London.
booking conditions below.
I also had the link but cannot find out (on their website) if a break of journey or stopping short is banned. Instead I get a an error message.
Anyone able to confirm either way as £12.50 to somewhere short of Edinburgh would be good and I would even buy a ticket to somewhere else if needed.
Otherwise a ticket to Leeds and change there works for me.