• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North Scotland (Bluebird and Highland)

Flying machines too helped by the fact they're ZF autos
Most of the time when I travel on the 10 I get one of the iShift 2010 Elites (which, honestly I prefer as they have non-leather seats) but on the occasion I get one of the ZF 2017 B11s I'm always amazed at how rapidly they accelerate.

Honestly though if they can adapt at Elgin to make longer coaches work then I'd say the PantherLEs would be a better fit. There are a lot of older people use the route and I'm sure they would appreciate a step-free entry. I'm not sure how reliable the toilets normally are on the coaches on the 10 but they've been working on 0% of the journeys I've been on them so if that's the usual then you wouldn't feel their loss on the PantherLEs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Honestly though if they can adapt at Elgin to make longer coaches work then I'd say the PantherLEs would be a better fit. There are a lot of older people use the route and I'm sure they would appreciate a step-free entry. I'm not sure how reliable the toilets normally are on the coaches on the 10 but they've been working on 0% of the journeys I've been on them so if that's the usual then you wouldn't feel their loss on the PantherLEs.
It's not going to happen without demolishing and rebuilding, I'm afraid. I remember when the current bus station in Elgin was built, drivers commented on how much tighter it was space-wise. When they built the St Giles Centre, the bus station was more or less a box-ticking exercise. The car park retained its original footprint and gained a few extra storeys in the process, but that of the bus station was more or less cut in half.

Volvodart

Established Member
Drivers that a currently being VF on the bus there all being told its not here for trial it's here to get all the Joint Venture drivers trained on.
You cannot see Stagecoach being willing to pay the full cost of electric coaches at present without subsidy from somewhere.

You cannot see Stagecoach being willing to pay the full cost of electric coaches at present without subsidy from somewhere.
Apparently government subsidy still going for another 2 years we will just need to wait and see I just thought it was Interesting.

Two of Cumbernauld 9700DD were in Inverness overnight for the morning runs.

Bowie

As discussed above, I thought they were too long for the route.
Thats what im thinking, its long as hell just like the YX64 plate elites and they wouldn’t fit in Elgin Bus station. Hows the Yutong gonna manage? In my opinion electric vehicles shouldn’t be anywhere NEAR express work and kept only for city work

In my opinion electric vehicles shouldn’t be anywhere NEAR express work and kept only for city work
Why?
What are you personally losing by electric coaches being on express services?
I think anything which can draw people out of their cars is a good thing.

Bowie

Seems like 54121 SP62 CGY is back or its a tracking error and its another bus tracking as 54121, but its tracking at Edinburgh right now