• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Eagle

Established Member
Dent has the highest altitude of any rail station in the UK.

The lowest altitude is Manea, at just four feet eight inches above sea level.

Correction: the lowest is Littleport, three feet above sea level.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Battlesbridge is also a rather minor station served by NXEA (albeit far more frequently!) to have OHLE.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
NOTICE:

As per a request from several regular participants in this game, a new thread has been created for associations between different settlements in the country. From here on, please ensure that all suggestions have a railway theme. This does not mean that from here on all answers have to be "generic", but they must have something to do with the railway situation at the relevant stations.

For the brand-new Settlement Association Quiz, please follow this link.

Ivo

Established Member
From Nelson (I assume?) to Crediton. Both see a fairly infrequent service which runs from a seaside town via a major but not exactly "large" city which can be run by either Pacers or Sprinters.

Bedpan

Established Member
buxted, penultimate station on a what is now a dead end branch but which, like the Colne branch, used to link with a junction at both ends

Ivo

Established Member
A bit quicker? You had 3½ hours! :lol:

Beckenham Junction also has a tram connection. I had to think where Navigation Road was for a minute :lol:

Bedpan

Established Member
Kent House Like Beckenham Junction the destination of a sole southbound Thameslink train during the morning rush hour.

(Yes, but I only posted Buxted a minute after your Crediton post!)

DOH And now I've been beaten by Alter Ego!

Ivo

Established Member
I know; never mind ;) I might have to direct you to the Settlement one though...

Kentish Town - the opposite of Kent House, it is generally accepted to be FCC only even though there is a theoretical SE presence there. (KTH is the opposite.)

And for Elmers End? Um... Southeastern services call? Will that do? Sorry :(

Last edited:

Bedpan

Established Member
AAAAARRRGGGGH!!! I'm off to the Cryptic Clues one. You usually get 2 days to post an answer there. <D

Ivo

Established Member
Thank you Paul :) Pity about the system ruining the all-important return though! Poor timing I suppose...

From Uckfield to Alton. Both were on semi-important routes to a county town [or city strictly speaking in Alton's case] which Beeching and friends saw fit to close; as a result, both are now termini and part of the trackbed has been assumed by a heritage operation.

Oh :( I liked my answer as well <( Stupid Marlow.

OK, from Marlow to Gunnislake. Another FGW terminus that requires a reversal to reach.