• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

00 Gauge County of Cornwall Steam Loco

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

I recently acquired a 00 Gauge Steam loco, GWR County of Cornwall, it is a 4-4-0 loco. When I was looking up on the internet more details, history, of this loco on the main line, it indicated that it was in fact a 4-6-0 loco. I wonder why therefore the model is 4-4-0 ? Or were there more than one version built with that name.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Does the model show any signs of having been renamed and/or renumbered at some point?

trash80

Established Member
GWR used the name a couple of times, on a 3800 class (which you presumably have) and later on the 1000 class.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
At one time, Hornby produced a GWR 4-4-0 model named "County of Cornwall" that carried a running number on the model of 3824.

Yes, that is the one that I have. Sounds rather curious then. However it runs quite well, happy enough to haul five GWR carriages most of the time, it does sometimes have a problem going over sets of points occasionally, the small front wheels sometimes lift up from the track. The motor is in the tender

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
GWR used the name a couple of times, on a 3800 class (which you presumably have) and later on the 1000 class.

Thanks, I just found it on an encyclopedia. It was a real loco, I wondered if it was something fictitious

Status
Not open for further replies.