• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2 car VEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian Hornby

A 2 car VEP is hidden away in a siding in Eastleigh. It's in the original Southwest trains livery and is looking very shabby. It's number 3417

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

user15681

Established Member
If it's 3417 then that's Gordon Pettit. Anyone know what it's doing down in Eastleigh? Last I knew it was in Clapham Yard. You sure it wasn't another unit?

P.s 3417 is not in original SWT livery and is far from shabby.

Last edited:

fgwrich

Established Member
A 2 car VEP is hidden away in a siding in Eastleigh. It's in the original Southwest trains livery and is looking very shabby. It's number 3417

If it's a 2 Car and sitting in Eastleigh Works then that's not 3417 - Which is in BR All over Blue and isn't 2 car - that's likely to be 4CEP 7105, The 2 driving cars of which are in Eastleigh Works to be 'Defurbished' and returned back to their original condition. This by the way is in South West Trains livery at the moment, but will be green in the near future.

The project's website can be seen here with further details and how you can donate.

http://www.cep7105.co.uk/

Julian Hornby

Nope, it's definitely the one. Not sure why it's here..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh, that's odd.. I'll go back tomorrow and check again.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I had the wrong notebook in my hand :lol: I've just found it's 7105. Thanks for your reply :lol:

J123

They are from the East Kent railway for defurbishment. They have been there since November I believe, I remember the EKR writing about the move on Facebook. There are two center cars on their way as well but they won't be started until the driving cars are finished.

crewmeal

Which reminds me there are some old Southern Region Electric units in a poor condition parked up parallel to Coventry Airport runway. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.