• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2 GBRf Class 66s to be used on NYMR for Mission: Impossible filming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
Just that 66754 and 66760 have both been moved to North Yorkshire Moors Railway reportedly for filming of Mission Impossible 7, because the rail link is currently unavailable they had to be lorried in, I'm assuming that a 66 traction course has been arranged for Tom Cruise and an extra cushion added to the drivers seat .....

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Just that 66754 and 66760 have both been moved to North Yorkshire Moors Railway reportedly for filming of Mission Impossible 7, because the rail link is currently unavailable they had to be lorried in, I'm assuming that a 66 traction course has been arranged for Tom Cruise and an extra cushion added to the drivers seat .....
I shall have to watch out for that. (By the way, why is the rail link unavailable?)

Swimbar

Widespread coverage in Yorkshire on both TV and local press- got to be good publicity for NYMR which reopens May 17th.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Widespread coverage in Yorkshire on both TV and local press- got to be good publicity for NYMR which reopens May 17th.
Anything that Promotes Yorkshire, the NYMR, KWVR, SCR and others has to be good.

Gag Halfrunt

It looks as if the locomotives will not appear in the film. They topped and tailed a set of wagons which carried a mock up of a carriage end and a replica of part of something else.

I see that the film has caused a scandal in Poland over alleged plans to blow up a historic railway bridge for a scene that was originally going to be filmed in Switzerland.

The mock carriage looks like a European type with plug doors.

Ayrshire Roy

The "something else" looks a bit like a steam loco tender - presumably related to the mock-up Pacific from the other thread?
That's the one.
I saw a picture of the full rake which had the mock steamer at the front followed by 2 continental style coaches then a bunch of wagons of different types being used to film.
One of the 66s was shoving at the rear.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
That's the one.
I saw a picture of the full rake which had the mock steamer at the front followed by 2 continental style coaches then a bunch of wagons of different types being used to film.
One of the 66s was shoving at the rear.
There's this picture on LinkedIn, which sounds similar except for not having the steam locomotive on it?

Great see North Yorkshire Moors Railway supporting Tom Cruise and his next Mission Impossible movie, as he filmed in Levisham today (Elizabeth Parkes). I hope this is the kick start the heritage sector desperately needs and that they have their best year ever, to recoup their losses from last year.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I could not quite work this out, is the steam loco a real one and if so, is it one that belongs to the NYMR? or has it come from else where, also the Wagons Lits carriages, again are they real ones that have been preserved either in Europe or the UK, if the latter, would they have been from the Nene Valley and if so, I wonder why they didn't film it there?

Gag Halfrunt

The replica locomotive was shipped to Norway in September for filming there, using Norwegian carriages repainted in Wagons-Lits livery (a few photos here and here).

The partial replica carriage used at the NYMR is a copy of an NSB B5, matching one of the carriages seen in photos from Norway. I don't know what the carriages at the NYMR are, but they are meant to look like the Norwegian carriages. I imagine that they are scaled-down replicas, because a real B5 is 25.30 m long and 3.10 m wide.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
The replica locomotive was shipped to Norway in September for filming there, using Norwegian carriages repainted in Wagons-Lits livery (a few photos here and here).

The partial replica carriage used at the NYMR is a copy of an NSB B5, matching one of the carriages seen in photos from Norway. I don't know what the carriages at the NYMR are, but they are meant to look like the Norwegian carriages. I imagine that they are scaled-down replicas, because a real B5 is 25.30 m long and 3.10 m wide.
Ok, thank you.

It's a non-operational replica that has been built specially for the film.

This thread contains more about it: https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...t-newport-pagnell-services-23-08-2020.208257/
Thanks.

Up Main

I could not quite work this out, is the steam loco a real one and if so, is it one that belongs to the NYMR? or has it come from else where, also the Wagons Lits carriages, again are they real ones that have been preserved either in Europe or the UK, if the latter, would they have been from the Nene Valley and if so, I wonder why they didn't film it there?
The 'Brittania' tender is real enough. Passed it this evening close up, on the trailer of a Reids heavy haulage just approaching the A64. Malton roundabout from Pickering. Well weathered dark grey livery complete with stained yellow Timken roller bearings and a convoy of traffic following.

Status
Not open for further replies.