• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

20% off global InterRail passes: buy before 4 January, travel up to December 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Apparently, people like to go shopping today. :rolleyes:

If, like me, you value travel over material possessions, you might like this sale: twenty per cent off all global InterRail passes. Buy from today 27 November 2020 until 4 January 2021, and start travel "any time in the next 11 months." (So presumably up until November 2021... t&c don't clarify this).

Link: https://www.interrail.eu/en/black-friday

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
I still have two unused Inter Rails from 2020 that I need to exchange for ones I can use in 2021. I would imagine Inter Rail sales have fallen off the proverbial cliff during the last 8 months or so, so a sale such as this was probably inevitable.

Hopefully, 2021 will bring better times for all and those of us that like travelling on European rails will be able to do so at some point.

Veteran Member
Fairly certain they did this last year (and 2-3 times in the year seems normal), but the refund conditions were poorer pre-Covid so I decided to wait till I had my dates settled and pay the extra.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I'd love to have the confidence that there won't be restrictions well into 2021. I've no intentiom of parting with money until there's alot more certainty around.

dutchflyer

Established Member
However-be warned. Some sources here tell me this is ONLY for the new-style loaded on a smartfone type. Depending on where you live, a tiny % as additional cashback may even also be possible, but thats for penny pinchers. You get it on your fone directly after payment but have to activate it when use of it starts. ONLY for the global all-country passes, not for 1country. In the case yet another covid wave comes around, give back with 15% discount should be possible.
Passes issued in 2020 should have been returned to issuing agent to be able to exchange for a likewise new pass in ''21. i have 1 such.

Alfonso

However-be warned. Some sources here tell me this is ONLY for the new-style loaded on a smartfone type. Depending on where you live, a tiny % as additional cashback may even also be possible, but thats for penny pinchers. You get it on your fone directly after payment but have to activate it when use of it starts. ONLY for the global all-country passes, not for 1country. In the case yet another covid wave comes around, give back with 15% discount should be possible.
Passes issued in 2020 should have been returned to issuing agent to be able to exchange for a likewise new pass in ''21. i have 1 such.
If I try to buy one it offers the choice of mobile (default) or paper, plus supplements for pass protection (paper) or 100%refund on cancellation (mobile). There is no way I'd trust a mobile interrail pass to provide hassle free travel.

BigCj34

A little bit cheaper on Myinterail and also has cashback through Quidco. Worth the extra click for an extra £10 at some point down the line!

TCDD

A quick dummy run shows it gives a choice of paper or mobile. However with paper you have to specify the start date and there is not a free cancellation option. I'm not sure I trust a mobile pass either...

Alfonso

A quick dummy run shows it gives a choice of paper or mobile. However with paper you have to specify the start date and there is not a free cancellation option. I'm not sure I trust a mobile pass either...
Maybe they need a halfway house until such time either the technology is stable enough throughout Europe or people trust it enough or both, like a print at home version with QR code to link it to a database?

trei2k

I have often wondered why there is the need to specify the start date? They'd be so much more attractive if they were valid for a year.

Alfonso

I have often wondered why there is the need to specify the start date? They'd be so much more attractive if they were valid for a year.
I guess it reduces fraud. I'm after a Flexi pass for the summer holidays so even with a fixed date Flexi paper ticket I'll be able to vary my plans a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.