• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2022 New Track Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I've not travelled the last section from Ebbw Vale Parkway to Town and may have a few days in the area next month. Anyone know if the cabin lift at Ebbw Vale Town is operating regularly as I've read it often breaks down.
It was working when I went there - but it seems to close early daily at 16.00 or 17.00, so go earlier if you can. Especially if you don't want the longer walk round on the way back!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

geoffk

Established Member
It was working when I went there - but it seems to close early daily at 16.00 or 17.00, so go earlier if you can. Especially if you don't want the longer walk round on the way back!
I visited Ebbw Vale last Monday and had two round trips on the cableway (as it seems to be called). There were two security guards in attendance. It was during the lunch period and most of the users were students from the adjacent Coleg Gwent. It wasn't obvious where the alternative walking route was. My "new track coverage" was from Ebbw Vale Parkway to Town and, later in the day, Park Junction to Gaer Junction in Newport. Still semaphore signals at Park Junction but I read that these are to be replaced as part of the current upgrade works. I also noted the reinstated second track by Llanhilleth station, due to be in use some time next year and no sign yet of the new platform.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It wasn't obvious where the alternative walking route was.
In case you couldn't find it ( although your wording suggests you did ), you need to walk past the petrol station until you come to a steep twisty road down on the right and go down there, keeping ahead, then turn right at the bottom. Takes about ten minutes longer once you've found the way.

it's a bit surprising that they don't make one of the side staircases available to the public for when it's not operating - it would be much quicker and easier.

1663257041472.png

Kite159

Veteran Member
No doubt I won't be alone in posting this for today:

London Paddington (Elizabeth Line) towards Portobello Junction (?) [where the Elizabeth Line joins onto the Great Western, probably the wrong name]
Stepney Green Junction to Pudding Mill Lane Portal

Sunil_P

16th May
Northern Line new southbound platform at Bank (new - Tube up to date)

25th May
Abbey Wood to Paddington (new - Lizzie Line)

16th June
Pomona to Trafford Centre (Metrolink up to date)

21st July
Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh

22nd July
Dingwall to Thurso and Wick ("normal" National Rail network completed!)

25th July
Barking to Barking Riverside (new - London Overground up to date)

16th August
Library to Edgbaston Village (new - West Midlands Metro up to date)
Chesterfield to Woodhouse via Tapton/Beighton (1702 ex-STP)

2nd October
Cholsey to Wallingford (Cholsey & Wallingford)

16th October
Peterborough Nene Valley to Yarwell (Nene Valley Railway)

6th November
Pudding Mill Lane portal to Stepney Green Jn (new - Lizzie Line up to date)
Paddington LL to Portobello Jn (new - Lizzie Line up to date)

Kite159

Veteran Member
Werrington dive under (Peterborough area)

I wonder if I was alone in scoring that track today on the 'cheap' to Spalding (rather than on a long distance service to Doncaster)

Turbo004

Going back a bit.

July 27th 2022
Library - Edgbaston

October 20th 2022
Okehampton

November 8th 2022
Barking Riverside
Stratford - Whitechapel
London Paddington - Acton Mainline (new Elizabeth line)

Turbo004

Friday 11th December

Doncaster Flyover East Junction to Doncaster Loversall Carr Junction

This was my fourth attempt at this particular section of track so very pleased to finally do it.

1971martin

Having not previously contributed to this thread, I thought now would be a good time to get the year's new track in on the right year.

10th May = Stirling - Alloa
16th May = Westerton - Milngavie, Cowlairs South Jn - Springburn, Springburn - Bellgrove
17th May = Dalreoch - Balloch, Craigendoran Jn - Helensburgh Central
18th May = Maryhill - Anniesland
25th May = Abbey Wood - Paddington (Elizabeth Line)
31st May = Morden - Battersea Power Station (Northern Line)

18th June = Strawberry Hill - Fulwell

12th September = Inverkeithing - Glenrothes with Thornton
13th September = Aberdeen - Forres
14th September = Garscadden - Dalmuir

3rd October = Cumbernauld - Falkirk Grahamston
4th October = Micalder Jn - Holytown via Shotts, Glasgow Central - Stranraer, Largs branch, Ardrossan Harbour branch
5th October = Paisley Canal branch, Paisley Gilmour Street - Wemyss Bay & Gourock, Lanark branch, Larkhall branch

15th December = Paddington (low level) - Acton Main Line (Elizabeth line) ,West Ealing - Greenford, Whitechapel - Stratford (Elizabeth Line)

Status
Not open for further replies.