• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

24 (Season 9) Sound Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
In relation to the new series of '24' being set in London. One is wondering why S Stock sounds like a Los Angeles MTA Train... ?

Also, apparently they operate in South East London now...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EM2

Established Member
In relation to the new series of '24' being set in London. One is wondering why S Stock sounds like a Los Angeles MTA Train... ?

Also, apparently they operate in South East London now...
I'm more impressed with how they can be raiding a warehouse in Whitechapel (near the East London mosque), and arrest a suspect on the banks of the river within three minutes :lol:
To be fair, the S stock did have Hammersmith on the dot-matrix.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Stock effects (usually sound is recorded separtatly in a studio - Google "Foley")

Thor 2 replaced a 1996 stock gear change with a DC motor hum

starrymarkb

Established Member
In the case of Thor it's more the 1996 makes such a distinctive noise ;) A couple of non rail geeks on my twitter picked up on it.

I do understand a bit about how production works and for things like trains, cars, henchmen screaming they will use stock sound effects rather then recording specially in each individual vehicle type or masked henchman

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
I do understand a bit about how production works and for things like trains, cars, henchmen screaming they will use stock sound effects rather then recording specially in each individual vehicle type or masked henchman

Although the latter is mostly used as a film geek reference.

The Spanish film La rebelión de las muertas has one of my favourite train errors when the lead character boards a train at London Euston and somehow disembarks at a RENFE station in 'Wales' complete with bare-metal broad-gauge multiple unit. (Although in defence of that film, Spanish horror films from the 1970s were barred by the censors from being set in Spain so were often set in Britain or Northern Europe but with some glaringly obvious Spanish locations used in what may well have been deliberate subversion of the censors...)

Status
Not open for further replies.