• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

40145 joins LSL on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
The CFPS has just announced that 40145 has been leased to LSL.

It will be on with 20107 on the last week by all accounts

LSL have announced that they’re taking 40145 on loan from the CFPS. Does anyone know what it’s intended use is? I read somewhere that it’s just for driver training and route learning - is that in preparation for LSL’s own 40 being returned to traffic?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
CFPS (Class 40 Preservation Society) website states "Its use will likely be limited to just a few outings per month, possibly on driver training, route learning and maybe the odd ECS move. We will try to keep everyone informed "should" 40145 be utilised on any charter train movements"

Last edited:

Trackman

Established Member
... is that in preparation for LSL’s own 40 being returned to traffic?
talking of which, does anyone know anything about 40 013?
I’ve heard she is very poorly, in fact I’d go as far to say ‘completely knackered’

DarloRich

Veteran Member
is this a season long loan with a view to buy?

Can it play in cup matches? (sorry. Will get my coat ;) )

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sorry but can we define some terms here? CFPS? LSL? I know the latter and can guess at the former but we do ask that people try and define things where possible :)

alexl92

Established Member
Sorry but can we define some terms here? CFPS? LSL? I know the latter and can guess at the former but we do ask that people try and define things where possible :)

My apologies; I forgot.
CFPS (Class 40 Preservation Society) website states "Its use will likely be limited to just a few outings per month, possibly on driver training, route learning and maybe the odd ECS move. We will try to keep everyone informed "should" 40145 be utilised on any charter train movements"
This is what confused me - not sure why Locomotive Services would hire such a big loco just for route learning &ECS which makes me think that the driver training on a Class 40 is the key thing?

Spartacus

Established Member

Robnw67

I wonder if 40 145 was the one I was going to drive on my driver's experience on 5th September? I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon. Thanks Covid!

ExRes

Established Member
Thread reopened

Thanks @matt

Reported this morning on WNXX that the loan of 40145 from Class 40 Preservation Society (CFPS) to Locomotive Services Ltd (LSL) has been extended for a further 12 months from 1st March, it seems that some body repair work will be carried out and a repaint into green

Status
Not open for further replies.