• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

456016, 458001

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Well! I was pleasantly surprised today! The 18:41 South London Line train to London Bridge was formed of 456016 - this has been internally refurbished-shame about the NSE colours on the outside. And any rumours about 458s in GeX livery is certified crap. One of the 458s is poking out of Stewart's Lane in SWT livery. P.s Grid was nice and 67028/67008 light as a bonus!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
The exterior of the the NSE liveried 456's really is a disgrace and the operators should be ashamed for allowing it to continue - to the general public, these units must look most unappealing (even if the ones I have been on recently have been in quite good condition inside).

What these units need is a fresh coat of red, white and blue!

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said:
The exterior of the the NSE liveried 456's really is a disgrace and the operators should be ashamed for allowing it to continue - to the general public, these units must look most unappealing (even if the ones I have been on recently have been in quite good condition inside).

What these units need is a fresh coat of red, white and blue!
Last I heard a refurbishment programme was being planned for the 456s now that the 455s are all done. There is, however, one unique 456 that isn't in NSE livery - 456024 'Sir Cosmo Bonsor', although that is in a just-as-bad Connex livery.

Status
Not open for further replies.