• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

8 Northern routes to not return to full service in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Does this mean there may be changes to timetables already in the system for May? I'm looking at purchasing a ticket for May 24th, but if the timetable is likely to change I'll book National Express
Any engineering work related changes for May 24th should now be visible in public facing systems. That doesn't mean there can't be changes at short notice, in the same way that for many weeks and months, various TOCs' emergency timetables were only showing on journey planners a few days beforehand.

northernchris

Established Member
Any engineering work related changes for May 24th should now be visible in public facing systems. That doesn't mean there can't be changes at short notice, in the same way that for many weeks and months, various TOCs' emergency timetables were only showing on journey planners a few days beforehand.

Thank you, I'll chance the train then

Jamesrob637

Established Member
So Northern currently have a timetable on their website applicable from 5th April showing the 08:04 Stockport to Chester and 10:00 Chester to Manchester Oxford Road services. Despite that these services haven't operated since Maundy Thursday (1st April.)

There's been the following conversation on Twitter:

It's almost like Northern don't want anyone to use the train. The 10:00 Chester to Manchester via Altrincham service would be very useful today considering an incident has resulted in the suspension of services between Warrington Bank Quay and Manchester.

Haha that was me who got involved saying it's great if only for school runs.

ServerHoster

So Northern currently have a timetable on their website applicable from 5th April showing the 08:04 Stockport to Chester and 10:00 Chester to Manchester Oxford Road services. Despite that these services haven't operated since Maundy Thursday (1st April.)

There's been the following conversation on Twitter:

It's almost like Northern don't want anyone to use the train. The 10:00 Chester to Manchester via Altrincham service would be very useful today considering an incident has resulted in the suspension of services between Warrington Bank Quay and Manchester.
Northern updated it to show the timetable is valid from the 19th April after I brought it to their attention

Attachments

• 25C6B9ED-3320-4927-802C-7A6A5D064F50.jpeg
    25C6B9ED-3320-4927-802C-7A6A5D064F50.jpeg
    628.3 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.