• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A career as a signaller

Rockhopper

Hello everyone,

Do you know how long I'll have to wait for NR feedback after AON tests? I've done mine and application status says interview but they haven't contacted me.
Don't think they give feedback on your tests. If your status says interview then chances are you have an interview but even then don't count your chickens until they send you a date.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ArkUTD

Don't think they give feedback on your tests. If your status says interview then chances are you have an interview but even then don't count your chickens until they send you a date.
I had a look before I did my tests It was already showing status as 'Interview' so I think that's just a default setting, not an actual interview pending.

Rockhopper

Yes, the portal is not the best about things like that! They should email you at each stage though.

mdfc

Afternoon, can anyone give me info on the roster for Didcot?

Also looking for tips on video interview, as I didn't pass the one for Birmingham recently.

Jaysub

Hello everyone,

Do you know how long I'll have to wait for NR feedback after AON tests? I've done mine and application status says interview but they haven't contacted me.
hi,what are these aon tests>for signallers??

do they not do the shl tests no more?

H24

I passed the aptitude test and received my interview date a few days later.

any tips on reading material for the interview would be really appreciated.

EGPWS#2

I passed the aptitude test and received my interview date a few days later.

any tips on reading material for the interview would be really appreciated.
Highlandspring is NOT joking. You can use search function. Also NR website.

bouff34

This thread.
Exactly. Copy and paste the most relevant bits onto a word document so you have a decent summary and don't have to keep reading over and over again people asking what their application status means or how long before they hear something!!!

H24

Thanks for your responses. A lot to go through but I will certainly take the time to read the thread.

wingnut1982

I heard from recruitment yesterday that the 'Interview' status within the portal has been causing confusion. What it means when your status states 'Interview' is that recruitment are actively shortlisting for interview and NOT that you have an interview - although you may well do so following shortlisting.

They are going to be renaming this for future job adverts/applications to try and avoid the confusion.

Jackm_91

Good morning,
I was just wondering if anyone has done the scenario test on a iPad, I applied on Monday, aon tests Wednesday and now been asked to do the scenario test before Monday with a interview next week. I didn’t think it would all move so quickly and I am working away from home this week so I only have my iPad with me.
also any advice for the scenario tests I would be really grateful.
Many thanks

Sunset route

I’ve got a colleague at work who maybe interested in the Dundee relief job and was enquiring as to what boxes it covers?

Jordg

I start at Network Rail 13 September, could anyone tell me when my payday will be? Trying to figure out the gap between the pay from my current job and new. Thanks

headshot119

Established Member
You will be paid on the 15th of October 2021, for hours worked 12th September 2021 - 9th October 2021

Visionitmeans

Hi guys!

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the chances are for someone on the reserves list to get a call up or offer?

Thanks!

cogload

Hi all, new to this Forum. Can I ask about the Fixed Term Contract positions that are being advertised for Cornwall. I presume these are FTC until 2023 because of the movement of Cornwall control to Exeter PSB?

Are they for Par, Lostwithiel and Truro? Then yes. I have worked Par and Truro - many moons ago mind.

High Dyke

Established Member
Hey does anyone know what areas the grade 5 workstation at sheffield sub roc covers please? Thank you.
Not specifically certain regarding the particular grades, but the workstations cover:
  • Sheffield WS - Sheffield station. Totley Tunnel East (exclusive), Dronfield (inclusive) and Tapton Junction (exclusive), and Meadowhall (inclusive)
  • Rotherham WS - Hexthorpe Junction (exclusive), Bolton-Upon-Dearne (inclusive) Tapton Junction (exclusive) Woodburn (exclusive) Beighton Junc (exclusive) and Meadowhall (exclusive). Barrow Hill, Masborough and Rotherham Central