• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abandoned journey-Metrolink- Tpe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we boarded a Metrolink tram at Radcliffe in order to connect with a Tpe Train at Manchester Victoria -Bound for Liverpool. I understand there was a power outage in Manchester that halted all Metrolink services. After sitting on the tram for 20 minutes we rang Metrolink customer services and got no reply , We was going to miss our connection at Victoria. The Tram driver advised us to get a taxi and Metrolink should reimburse us-Which we did.- I still missed the train though. That was 43 pounds down the toilet - When we finally Got through to Metrolink customer services last night we were told, No refund on taxis as replacement buses had been laid on -Which we did not know about and neither did the driver. We were also refused a refund on our tickets as they said we can issue a Tram ticket for future travel - Which would be useless as I usually drive to a Rail station[Car was having a service]. Did we do anything wrong? I set out from my home at 9am in order to get our Train at 10 41- There were two of us traveling.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, you may be out of luck. :(
Metrolink Cancelled or disrupted journeys policy said:
Metrolink is not liable for any other loss arising from failure to operate (e.g. taxi fares, missed transport connections or appointments etc.)

Link to Metrolink Cancelled or disrupted journeys policy document...

P.S. Did you get any use out of your TPE ticket(s)?

Unfortunately, you may be out of luck. :(

Link to Metrolink Cancelled or disrupted journeys policy document...

P.S. Did you get any use out of your TPE ticket(s)?
Thank you for the reply and the Metrolink- link. We pre- purchased our tickets for TPE so we did not think they were valid for a later train- It would of been useless as I had an appointment which had to be cancelled.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
We pre- purchased our tickets for TPE so we did not think they were valid for a later train- It would of been useless as I had an appointment which had to be cancelled.
You might just have persuaded someone at the Manchester Victoria ticket office to endorse your TPE tickets so as to allow travel on a later service (I'm assuming that these were train specific, advance ticket(s) ) but it seems that you really didn't have the best of luck with your travel arrangements on Tuesday, incurring needless taxi fares, missed travel connections and a cancelled appointment. Total nightmare!

Established Member
Not totally -
- Put a short, clear complaint in with Metrolink regarding the costs of missed rail tickets, show evidence of purchase and connection times.
- If refused, copy it and escalate to Transport for Greater Manchester (they made the decision to consider Metrolink separate from rail ticketing)
Finally, if nowhere with those two...
-Approach TPE customer relations politely, and ask if there is anything they can do regarding this - good PR if First Transpennine Express can get one over on Keolis Amey Metrolink or TfGM

Status
Not open for further replies.