• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abbey Wood fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

davews

This is a sort of aside out of curiosity.
For my London walk yesterday Abbey Wood to Woolwich (Arsenal) I wondered if a day return from Martins Heron to Abbey Wood would work out cheaper. I was told it happened to be the same price as a Travelcard. Ah, he said, but if you are prepared to walk from Waterloo to Waterloo East rather than use the tube it is 50 pence cheaper.... Tube Waterloo to Waterloo East, that would be interesting! I got a Travelcard anyway.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I make it 80p! The Super Off-peak is £3.50 cheaper though which is a decent saving if you don't need the Travelcard benefits.

davews

I was stating railcard prices, just 50p cheaper with that. The cheapest super off peak is £14.25 but most of those fares suggest not available with senior railcard (because they assume bus?) - travelcard £17.65. Interestingly the SWR fare finder suggests underground via Blackfriars! Super off peak no use for my walks anyway.

Veteran Member
I was stating railcard prices, just 50p cheaper with that.
Correct, didn't realise, sorry.
The cheapest super off peak is £14.25 but most of those fares suggest not available with senior railcard (because they assume bus?) - travelcard £17.65.
Super OP "London not Und" is definitely available with Railcard discount. Not sure what has happened in the cases you refer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.