• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, also just finished my DMI, both very pleasant individuals, quite relaxed, I don’t think any of the questions necessarily caught me off guard.

Results I was told will be coming very soon due to the next batch of trainees being predicted for January.

I am hopeful, good luck wba, and all others.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulBusDriver

Yes, also just finished my DMI, both very pleasant individuals, quite relaxed, I don’t think any of the questions necessarily caught me off guard.

Results I was told will be coming very soon due to the next batch of trainees being predicted for January.

I am hopeful, good luck wba, and all others.
I too had my DMI today. A couple of tricky questions that threw me a little.
Good luck to all applicants.

dev_27

still no news I have emailed Mitchell just to check progress however no response as yet.
Can some one tell me what is DMI? Sorry for this question but not very familiar with railway jargans.

DMI is the driver manager interview, the final stage to pass before starting training, (excluding a minor medical check) unless you applied in February 2019 like us you won’t be at this stage yet.

Can’t tell you anything other than keep on waiting.

Coach Carter

Is a relatively thorough medical exam. Height, weight, bmi, sight, drugs and alchohol, hearing, blood pressure, ECG and questions on previous and current medical conditions and any current medication.

dev_27

DMI is the driver manager interview, the final stage to pass before starting training, (excluding a minor medical check) unless you applied in February 2019 like us you won’t be at this stage yet.

Can’t tell you anything other than keep on waiting.
Thanks, I had applied in June under talent pool, so I guess waiting is the last option

PaulBusDriver

Thanks, I had applied in June under talent pool, so I guess waiting is the last option
Luckily for me the DMI doesn't count against you, if you don't score high enough you will not lose a life or be at any disadvantage in future(apart from having to start again).

PaulBusDriver

Hi Paul,

What kind of tricky questions did they ask you? I have mine coming up very soon.

Thanks,
Tristan
Hi Tristan

There were a few questions that I never had asked in my last DMI.

Describe a time when you had to tell someone to change what they were doing, how you went about telling them and what effect that you had(not quite as accurate as the question but similar)?

Describe a time when you stopped safety being compromised in your workplace and how you did go about doing that?

Unfortunately for me I was not in good shape on the day of the interview, I couldnt sleep properly the night before and I was not performing anywhere near what I would consider my best or how I had performed in a prior DMI.
The fact that I was asked these questions suggests to me that I was not supplying sufficient information to evidence specific requirements the interviewers were looking for so my advice to you is don't worry about it, if you've got great examples in mind and you perform well you probably won't get any questions you didn't expect, the interview is about highlighting your skills, they really arent trying to catch you out or anything.

JunnyT

Hi Tristan

Describe a time when you had to tell someone to change what they were doing, how you went about telling them and what effect that you had(not quite as accurate as the question but similar)?

Describe a time when you stopped safety being compromised in your workplace and how you did go about doing that?

Unfortunately for me I was not in good shape on the day of the interview, I couldnt sleep properly the night before and I was not performing anywhere near what I would consider my best or how I had performed in a prior DMI.
The fact that I was asked these questions suggests to me that I was not supplying sufficient information to evidence specific requirements the interviewers were looking for so my advice to you is don't worry about it, if you've got great examples in mind and you perform well you probably won't get any questions you didn't expect, the interview is about highlighting your skills, they really arent trying to catch you out or anything.
Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and with all the information, I appreciate that. I am a Bus Driver as well.

Was your DMI interview done in person or online video call?

PaulBusDriver

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and with all the information, I appreciate that. I am a Bus Driver as well.

Was your DMI interview done in person or online video call?
It was through the internet on Microsoft Teams. You might want to invest in a good webcam if you havent got one but it does also work on your phone too.
I found it was very well conducted with the two men who were interviewing me being very reasonable.
You should have a good amount of examples to refer too if your job is anything like mine has been mate, I wish you the best of luck.

Hi Tristan

Interesting, I never got either of those questions, looks like they probably pick from a pool of questions perhaps to prevent answer collusion.

A wise move on their part if so.

PaulBusDriver

Interesting, I never got either of those questions, looks like they probably pick from a pool of questions perhaps to prevent answer collusion.

I'm of the mind that they can ask whatever they deem suitable to elicit the information they desire you to provide, to be able to gauge if you have the relevant aptitudes.

Last edited:

Wba0986

I did have those questions but worded differently ie name a time you have had to explain something to someone else at work who didn't understand the situation and name a time you have had to challenge a health and safety incident or words to that effect. I imagine they have 2 different booklets with separate questions in each

I'm of the mind that they can ask whatever they deem suitable to elicit the information they desire you to provide, to be able to gauge if you have the relevant aptitudes.
Anybody heard anything yet?

Last edited:

PaulBusDriver

I did have those questions but worded differently ie name a time you have had to explain something to someone else at work who didn't understand the situation and name a time you have had to challenge a health and safety incident or words to that effect. I imagine they have 2 different booklets with separate questions in each

Anybody heard anything yet?
I haven't heard anything back yet and was going to ask the exact same question!

Ah, god damn it, it looks like somehow I failed at the last hurdle, I cannot believe this, I’m utterly devastated...

I thought I interviewed strongly.

Did they furnish you with feedback?
Nothing, I can only request feedback but I expect I may not get any due to the high volume of people they deal with.
I hope my age wasn’t a hidden factor.

I won’t lie, it really hurts to be given a generic template after years of being in the process, making it to the very end.

I will simply have to apply again and hope for better results in the future, I don’t desire to give up.

Anthony R

Nothing, I can only request feedback but I expect I may not get any due to the high volume of people they deal with.

I won’t lie, it really hurts to be given a generic template after years of being in the process, making it to the very end.

I will simple have to apply again and hope for better results in the future, I don’t desire to give up.
Well its an aweful blow sir. Their willingness for generic templates is abhorrent especially at the dmi stage. Honestly it's not how you treat people, full stop. Thousands of applicants or not.

Bette rlucl next time I guess.

PaulBusDriver

I will simply have to apply again and hope for better results in the future, I don’t desire to give up.
I haven't had my result yet, its quite a blow when you get so far but on the plus side you've done the hard part and won't have to go through the MMI or testing again.
Good luck in future.

Colincko

I applied for Bletchely and have not received any email yet for the online test
I’ve applied for Bletchley I’ve completed the online assessment and had a email back saying they’re still sorting through over 6000 applications have not heard back from them since end of September

Wba0986

Ah, god damn it, it looks like somehow I failed at the last hurdle, I cannot believe this, I’m utterly devastated...

I thought I interviewed strongly.
I'm really sorry mate. I would still ask for feedback to help when/if you apply again.

JunnyT

I just had an email saying Im starting in May 2021 pending my medical and D&A.
Wow thats amazing, congratulations!!

I just had an email saying Im starting in May 2021 pending my medical and D&A.
Do you have any advice on the interview?

Can you remember what questions they asked you?

I've got mine Thrusday 19th.

Just heard from them and successful, starting May 2021 pending medical
Hi,

That's amazing well done, congratulations!!

Last edited:

PaulBusDriver

Wow thats amazing, congratulations!!

Hi,

That's amazing well done, congratulations!!

Hi Tristan

Thanks, Im still in a bit of disbelief, Im not going to feel quite so sure of it until Im sat in a training room!

My honest advice to you is think about what the questions are asking, draw from your personal experiences and emphasise why you think they are relevant and what makes you right for the job.
There are loads of lists of questions on here that you can search for, but the most prominent ones are why do you want to be a Train Driver and what can you bring to the role?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.