• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyccfc

Congrats. Still nothing in sight for me after the DMI in June. Probably have to re do that at this rate! I have holidays booked for the half term in May so could do with it being after that anyway.
I’m down for Cov by the way but not sure if the training is depot specific?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dev_27

I’ve applied for Bletchley I’ve completed the online assessment and had a email back saying they’re still sorting through over 6000 applications have not heard back from them since end of September
Same here, I have applied for bletchley and same response as urs. Let's hope for the best until we get some answers

Wba0986

Email received and I have been successful. I applied for new street however wont be starting in jan as going away in feb.

Withoutabix

Email received and I have been successful. I applied for new street however wont be starting in jan as going away in feb.
Shame we would have been on the same course! Had my medical yesterday and all good! Just awaiting the official offer now for the Jan course

Wba0986

Shame we would have been on the same course! Had my medical yesterday and all good! Just awaiting the official offer now for the Jan course
Tis a shame but family time is very important to me so definitely putting them first. Well done and how in depth was the medical?

Withoutabix

Tis a shame but family time is very important to me so definitely putting them first. Well done and how in depth was the medical?

that’s fair enough ermm just usual stuff I think

urine
Hearing
Eyesight
ECG
Breathaliser
Blood pressure
Pulse
Height
Weight

And the usual questionnaire about your health etc

Dante

Congrats. Still nothing in sight for me after the DMI in June. Probably have to re do that at this rate! I have holidays booked for the half term in May so could do with it being after that anyway.
I’m down for Cov by the way but not sure if the training is depot specific?
I'm Cov too, having done the DMI in March. Does appear even though we were due to start before the Birmingham intake last year that Covs now on the back burner.

Muse29

that’s fair enough ermm just usual stuff I think

urine
Hearing
Eyesight
ECG
Breathaliser
Blood pressure
Pulse
Height
Weight

And the usual questionnaire about your health etc

Did they advise of any limits regarding BP? I've been known to have a bit of white-coat syndrome and BP can go through the roof when doctors are testing it! It's generally fine when I do it at home so definitely an issue with being in front of a doc.

Withoutabix

Did they advise of any limits regarding BP? I've been known to have a bit of white-coat syndrome and BP can go through the roof when doctors are testing it! It's generally fine when I do it at home so definitely an issue with being in front of a doc.

They didn’t sorry

Mills444

Evening, these two threads should help you.

The main thing I would recommend is to take the days before the medical easy e.g limiting alcohol and Caffeine intake.

Slinky252

Ah, god damn it, it looks like somehow I failed at the last hurdle, I cannot believe this, I’m utterly devastated...

I thought I interviewed strongly.
Blimey buddy, I am very surprised to hear this from you. Really gutted for you. I just hope that you get through this final hoop next time round. This post really tells me that it is very very hard to get in. Chin up you go again. I hope you get feedback so you can tweek whatever it is they want from you next time. All the very best mate.

Just heard from them and successful, starting May 2021 pending medical
Well done

I just had an email saying Im starting in May 2021 pending my medical and D&A.
Congrats well done

Coach Carter

When I did mine my BP was a bit on the high side, the doctor let me sit still and relaxed for 10 mins after my first go. She then tested it a further 2 times until she was satisfied it was coming down and that it was high in the first place mostly due to white coat syndrome. Although she did follow that up with “losing a bit of weight would help”

andyccfc

I'm Cov too, having done the DMI in March. Does appear even though we were due to start before the Birmingham intake last year that Covs now on the back burner

Assuming you had the same generic email about no courses as application on hold like I did? Guessing you’ve heard nothing about courses next year either.

JunnyT

Good luck, where have you applied to ?
GWR Plymouth

Found out that I have passed the D.M.I and waiting in the talent pool until they finish all the interviews, and when space becomes available on a training course.

Can't believe I passed!!!

Last edited:

Withoutabix

Anybody had any contact re courses next year?

I’ve been offered the role now to start in Jan after passing my medical, have had all my paperwork to complete sent over this week so everything seems to be moving forward if you have decided on the Aprilish course can’t imagine you’ll hear anything till late Jan early feb

Wba0986

I’ve been offered the role now to start in Jan after passing my medical, have had all my paperwork to complete sent over this week so everything seems to be moving forward if you have decided on the Aprilish course can’t imagine you’ll hear anything till late Jan early feb
Cheers. If there's 36 starters next year I'm hoping 6 to a course so there could be one in march. Not that I'm keen to start and leave my current job hhmm hmm

PaulBusDriver

Cheers. If there's 36 starters next year I'm hoping 6 to a course so there could be one in march. Not that I'm keen to start and leave my current job hhmm hmm
Still waiting for a date for medical. Was told January in interview but then May in the email.

Muse29

When I did mine my BP was a bit on the high side, the doctor let me sit still and relaxed for 10 mins after my first go. She then tested it a further 2 times until she was satisfied it was coming down and that it was high in the first place mostly due to white coat syndrome. Although she did follow that up with “losing a bit of weight would help”
Thanks Coach - I'm glad it came down for you! Tbf, I have lost about a stone in the last 2 months and it's amazing the benefits that has to the BP. Common sense of course but it's great to see the results.

Coach Carter

Thanks Coach - I'm glad it came down for you! Tbf, I have lost about a stone in the last 2 months and it's amazing the benefits that has to the BP. Common sense of course but it's great to see the results.
Good work with the weight loss bud. Ive been stood down for the last 9 months due to corona and still no sign of when I’ll be going back driving. I’m finding being stuck at home isn’t really helping me to lose weight.
Best of luck with the rest of the process

BoTheRigger

Still waiting for a date for medical. Was told January in interview but then May in the email.
Congratulations Paul, that’s great news. You must be chuffed. Which depot will you be based at? As well as being in the Gloucester pool with GWR I have just got through to OPC assessments with WMT. Apparently I’ll only have to resit the ones that haven’t met ‘enhanced’ standard. Not sure which ones, if any, they are yet. Looks like the DFFT will need to be done as GWR didn’t require that.

PaulBusDriver

Congratulations Paul, that’s great news. You must be chuffed. Which depot will you be based at? As well as being in the Gloucester pool with GWR I have just got through to OPC assessments with WMT. Apparently I’ll only have to resit the ones that haven’t met ‘enhanced’ standard. Not sure which ones, if any, they are yet. Looks like the DFFT will need to be done as GWR didn’t require that.
Thanks Bo. I'm going to be based at Worcester. I'm hoping there won't be any delay, I'm ready and raring to go but May 2021 is the provisional start date. WMT needed me to retake the DFFT and the glop and dials but it was fine, less pressure when you only have a few tests to focus on. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.