• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Accommodation suggestions and reviews

Kite159

Veteran Member
Premier Inn, Reading (Caversham Bridge):
A revisit since August 2020 (when I didn't spend that long in the hotel as it was a single night). Booked for the Pathfinder tour to the Cambrian Coast last week (late notice swapping from the town centre Travelodge as it was £35 a night to save some money). Located around 10 minutes north of the station. Currently being refurbished into the latest Premier Inn standard room so could be hit or miss at what room you get. I got a newer room (nice purple light in the bathroom area) which is the standard Premier Inn, a bit noisy with the window open for fresh air due to road noise (and rain).

Certainly a place I would be using again if the price was right, only downside is being located to the north of the station, having more limited options for food.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
£35 a night for a Reading Premier Inn? o_O . Or do yo mean it was £35 cheaper than the Travelodge?
£35 a night were on sale at both the Premier Inns at the time I randomly searched (23rd March), only randomly checked out of interest when I saw the Easy Hotel was £88 for both nights (considering I was paying £95 for Travelodge). I was surprised considering when I first looked at the start of the year when I booked that tour, PI was after £120 for the 'no cancellation, only free date swap' rate.

Probably a quirk with the price demand software PI use, as I know Reading gets expensive as it gets used as an overflow for both London & Oxford.

Strazor

We stayed in the Premier Inn Paddington Basin a couple of times last June.
Spotless. Decent steak restaurant/bar with happy hour. Within walking distance to the train station and the Tube station - 300 yards.
Good mid line hotel chain.
From this specific property, you can be sitting in Heathrow Airport in 45 minutes.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Quick tip for anybody using the Premier Inn Luton airport. I won't go into details as have done so before and it remains a classic airport hotel in every sense, people arriving in departing at all sorts of strange times, usually trapsing down your corridor saying not particularly politically correct things about Irish owned budget airlines and the odd selection of nocturnal sound effects but my advice here relates to travel to the airport. You are saving neither money or time in getting a cab back to Park way for the dart as both the camp fair have gone up and the dart is expensive anyway and less for some reason you've got it free as part of a package. I'm also not convinced that it saves any walking time compared to the bus due to the location of the dart station at the airport end