• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

An Afternoon on the Skips

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
Away from all the excitement of the snow in the South East, FGWs new service from Cardiff - Paignton and return was running as booked on weekdays. On what must have been the coldest day of this winter, I travelled to Exeter on the service. I'd recommend a 'bash' as its so much more dignified than any unit that FGW can throw at you. I also went to fot it in the morning at Hollicombe, and in typical fashion the sun appeared as the train passed :roll:

Anyway, the photos:
http://southwest-railways.50webs.com/181209.htm

Any comments?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EltonRoad

Yeah, they're good. I like it - "disgorged" its passengers. Vomited them out?

I too will enjoy a ride behind a skip on Monday morning en route to Fort William. Hope it's warm in bed ...

devon_metro

Established Member
Cheers for the comment, there certainly was a large crowd exiting the HST, hate to think how busy it would have been if it was a Voyager. Standing room only no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.