• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

And you thought your job was bad! (Dealing with OHLE in sub-zero temperatures in China)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Came across this tweet last night and thought it might be of interest:

China may have the world’s biggest high speed rail network, but it’s reliant on guys sat on top of a train with wooden sticks to de-ice the overhead power lines in winter!

I'd recommend clicking through to see the video as it really is a bunch of guys hammering away on the wires using sticks! From one of the replies it sounds like, to be fair, this is the result of freezing rain rather than just how they treat more typical ice build ups. Still though, your job might be bad but it's not sat on top of a train battering OHLE with sticks in sub-zero temperatures!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
I assume that the power is off when they are doing that. If not it could be a problem on curves when the stagger squeezes them into the safety rail. :)

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I assume that the power is off when they are doing that. If not it could be a problem on curves when the stagger squeezes them into the safety rail. :)

If it's a high speed line the radius of the curves won't be that tight anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.