• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Annoying television adverts...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Ii get the analogy, but it doesn't work well, at least for me. A real Jack In The Box always contains something, the suspense is when it will pop up.
They could also have chosen the music better - it's a slowed down ( to about a third speed ) version of the Vision On clock falling apart music...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
In my previous post, I made the assumption that you were in the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care Board ICB) arean Group
Thank you for your most useful and informative posting. We had relocated in 2020 but still remained within the area of the NHS Cheshire and Merseyside ICB in the county area of Cheshire East. Since the death of my wife in November 2021, there are times when I have stayed for periods of time with nephews and nieces outside the Cheshire East county area. On 6th April, I will celebrate my 79th birthday.

My still local health centre does indeed have a Patient Participation Group and I suppose the confusion arose is because the reception team at our local health centre do take messages and postal matters for the PPG.

Calthrop

Established Member
The current Flora Butter with the cow is quite infuriating. It asks why do we feed cows vegetation to make butter when we can turn vegetables into butter without the cow. Well,the better butter comes from milk therefore requiring a cow whilst the vegan option is emulsified vegetable oil and is quite different. It suggests one is guilty for eating real butter.
I do, to some extent, see the vegans' / animal-lovers' point, concerning dairy farming's being in certain ways, a bit rough on the cows (sheep, goats, whatever); but am not so made as to get outraged on the creatures' behalf, re any type of food or drink (the most blatant and grotesque horrors, aside); and thus remove from my diet, a whole range of things which I greatly like. (I'd hate to live without cheese -- made from milk !) Re "things dairy": I choose to opine that the animals are kept -- should be in good conditions; and fed; and ought to be be treated kindly -- in return for which, they do undergo a certain amount of exploitation, and mucking-about with their natural life processes. In my view, an acceptable humans / animals mutual deal.

Welly

The latest Andrex advert of a female office worker with wind & then taking a toilet roll & a book to read to the toilet after walking through the office, let alone the tag line they put across the screen :s
Office issue bog paper is so thin and nasty these days that I don't blame the lady for bringing her own bog paper to work!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Office issue bog paper is so thin and nasty these days that I don't blame the lady for bringing her own bog paper to work!
It's normal paper where I work!!! :)

Even if it is excessively thin - just fold over twice as many squares as you'd normally use... :lol: