• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another Channel 4 rail item

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I saw on TV programme this week, I think on a C4 freeview channel 14, about the Yorkshire dales and lakes, it featured a number of topics, one of which was about a man in his mid 50s, his father was a signal man at Settle Railway Station. Although this chap loved trains, the line was going into disrepair so he got another job non rail related, but then a few years ago he joined west coast rail and worked his way up to being a fireman on their main line steam charter services, so often goes through Settle when firing his train. It was very interesting. He sounds his horn when going through the station and past churchyard where is dad is buried.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
An interesting piece. Thanks for sharing

EDIT - I am not sentimental so find the whole whistle thing pointless rather than touching.

Last edited:

aylesbury

Very interesting programme you can see the show on catchup it features many interesting people who work and live in this wonderful part of the country.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Very interesting programme you can see the show on catchup it features many interesting people who work and live in this wonderful part of the country.
Yes that part of the UK is lovely, it is amazing how large Yorkshire is, how far west it goes. (Infact, did they have a "Yorkshire" day this week?)

Status
Not open for further replies.