• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any advice for an interview for Network rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinny_94

Hi, I have a panel interview on the 24th November for NR for the job role as operative based in liverpool, I was just wondering What kind of things are going to crop up on the interview so i can smash it and get the job, bit rusty on interviews as ive spent the past 5 years in the army.

Also just wondered what progression is like as i dont really want be be on the end of a shovel digging ballast for the rest of my career, obviously im not going to start and straight away keep asking to get on courses straight away as i know i need to walk before i can run but just wondered. TIA.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

That's good mate . What kind of questions did they ask you and did they congratulate you on getting that far etc.?

Last edited:

Quinny_94

just competency based questions like tell me time you have had to do a job under pressure and situations like that.

They ddint congratulate me for getting that far but just said thank you for coming in for the interview and that really.

You interview there yesterday? hopefully there is more than one job.

What is it you applied for? did they ask you the same kind of things?

.yes I interviewed there today asked me similar to you but also about my rail competences as I'm a track man as a contractor

Last edited:

Quinny_94

Yeah asked me what tickets i had on my PTS and the likes of that.

My interview was at 1030 but got there for 10 and they pretty much seen me straight away.

Toots

Yep,don't hold your breath lads....things don't work quickly at Network Rail.Think of a three toed sloth running a marathon and you are in the right ballpark!.It's not uncommon for Signallers to finally move into a job they had a successful interview a year previously!. That said it may be quicker for you, but don't expect lightning speed

Quinny_94

went to sign up with them on thursday asked me to come in but failed to mention on the phone that id need small tools

Quinny_94

Stone alliance services

Nope not heard anything yet, sent them and email wednesday and still havent heard anything

Still havent heard anything what about you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.