• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Glad people seem to be progressing eventually.
Still showing “application in progress” for me unfortunately.....they’re just making the frustration worse by not at least making contact when others are seemingly progressing through the process
Im the same, it’s very frustrating that they haven’t sent an update but unfortunately it’s just railway recruitment. Reading through this thread it does suggest that there’s either 2 batches which match up with the course dates or by alphabetical order, like mine begins with I so probably in the second half (as usual!!)

of course there’s no way in saying for certain unless someone from XR recruitment happens to be on here ;)

PickleTree

I did not finish the RAAT test. Got to question 32. I hope I do get a call for Manchester.
I got to the exact same question and got a phone call today to invite me to interview next week. All these tests are about finding the balance between speed and accuracy so as long as you answer accurately not finishing isn’t the end of the world.

Mohka89

I got to the exact same question and got a phone call today to invite me to interview next week. All these tests are about finding the balance between speed and accuracy so as long as you answer accurately not finishing isn’t the end of the world.
Thank you! I appreciate your advice and hope to make it to interview...

jakefoy1989

I did not finish the RAAT test. Got to question 32. I hope I do get a call for Manchester.
Hey Mohka89, I know a couple of others who ran out of time. They've not had a call yet either. I wasn't aware of the notice of running out of time, I finished before I got that. I did start to rush toward the end though.

PickleTree

Did you complete all 34 questions?
No I didn't I ran out of time when I was answering question 32. Like I say with all of the tests you complete for Train Driver roles they are looking for the right balance between speed and accuracy, if you get all of the questions correct but run out of time it doesn't necessarily mean you will fail it really depends on what the TOC/FOC is looking for.

Mohka89

Hey Mohka89, I know a couple of others who ran out of time. They've not had a call yet either. I wasn't aware of the notice of running out of time, I finished before I got that. I did start to rush toward the end though.
Thank you! I’m living in hope...

Clm0092

I would like to know if there is anyone who received an email stating they didn’t pass after the RAAT .
I did not receive any call just yet but it is to understand if we will get a response regardless or not?

Trainset33

I would like to know if there is anyone who received an email stating they didn’t pass after the RAAT .
I did not receive any call just yet but it is to understand if we will get a response regardless or not?
I’ve still not heard anything either. Out of interest when did you complete the test? I did mine on the deadline day, with probably 4 or 5 hours before the deadline time. Could it be they’re letting people know in chronological order of when they completed the test maybe? Just a thought, possibly way off the mark!

I finished the test within the 22 minutes and I’m confident I did well. Not confident I got 100% though!

Clm0092

I’ve still not heard anything either. Out of interest when did you complete the test? I did mine on the deadline day, with probably 4 or 5 hours before the deadline time. Could it be they’re letting people know in chronological order of when they completed the test maybe? Just a thought, possibly way off the mark!

I finished the test within the 22 minutes and I’m confident I did well. Not confident I got 100% though!
I did mine on the 4th and I also believe I did pretty well so no idea fingers crossed I guess ...

PickleTree

I did mine on the 4th and I also believe I did pretty well so no idea fingers crossed I guess ...
I know a couple of people who went through this process with XC last year and some people who completed the RAAT did not hear anything afterwards. Can only assume they were the ones who didn’t meet the grade. Of course this time around it might be different.

Trainset33

I know a couple of people who went through this process with XC last year and some people who completed the RAAT did not hear anything afterwards. Can only assume they were the ones who didn’t meet the grade. Of course this time around
I came away from it thinking I’d nailed it. One, possibly two answers I wasn’t 100% certain on that’s all.

Brad182

I completed the RAAT on the 4th (I think). I only answered 31 questions as I ran out of time for the last 3. I didn't set a timer, and so didn't actually realise I'd come so close to the time limit.
Having said that, I'm pretty confident I got all of them correct, or at least, there wasn't any whereby I felt I should've answered differently.

I got a call yesterday and have my interview tomorrow.

Hope this gives confidence to anyone else who didn't manage to complete the test.

Demx93

I completed the RAAT on the 4th (I think). I only answered 31 questions as I ran out of time for the last 3. I didn't set a timer, and so didn't actually realise I'd come so close to the time limit.
Having said that, I'm pretty confident I got all of them correct, or at least, there wasn't any whereby I felt I should've answered differently.

I got a call yesterday and have my interview tomorrow.

Hope this gives confidence to anyone else who didn't manage to complete the test.
How was the interview?

Brad182

How was the interview?
To be honest, I couldn’t get a read on how I felt I’d done. This was not only my first railway interview, but also my first online interview (it was definitely an experience!)

The interview itself was very structured. There was three attendees, one driver manager from my depot, one from another depot and a member of HR.

Of all the questions I had prepared for, only one of them came up. So the whole interview I was pretty much thinking on the spot.

I do hope that the three who interviewed me will be interviewing others, because they were genuinely lovely and made me feel much more at ease.
Overall it lasted just under 50mins. There was some light-hearted conversation amongst the questions, some humour which was a huge help.

It was very similar to what I’ve read the mmi to be like. But also with your generic interview questions;
Why you think you’d be suitable to this role, etc

Hope this might help anyone else about to go through this stage.

I was told to expect to hear a response within the week.

Edinburgh1987

To be honest, I couldn’t get a read on how I felt I’d done. This was not only my first railway interview, but also my first online interview (it was definitely an experience!)

The interview itself was very structured. There was three attendees, one driver manager from my depot, one from another depot and a member of HR.

Of all the questions I had prepared for, only one of them came up. So the whole interview I was pretty much thinking on the spot.

I do hope that the three who interviewed me will be interviewing others, because they were genuinely lovely and made me feel much more at ease.
Overall it lasted just under 50mins. There was some light-hearted conversation amongst the questions, some humour which was a huge help.

It was very similar to what I’ve read the mmi to be like. But also with your generic interview questions;

Had mine yesterday and had pretty much the same experience.

I felt I'd done well but then the interviewers were sound so that could've been why. Last railway interview I had I felt like they gave me a grilling this one was much more relaxed.

Chuchu

Good to hear people are progressing. My application is still ‘in process’. Are many others still the same?
Same here, no other update yet. Gonna leave it as it is, forget about it and maybe I'll get a surprise email at some point. :D

PickleTree

Well done Brad, fingers crossed. Can I ask, I haven't used Teams for a meeting yet did you use a laptop or tablet? Was it easy enough to connect to, I assume you just use the link in the invite they sent?

Edinburgh1987

Well done Brad, fingers crossed. Can I ask, I haven't used Teams for a meeting yet did you use a laptop or tablet? Was it easy enough to connect to, I assume you just use the link in the invite they sent?
I done mine on my phone, i logged I think the day before to see how it worked. I had to download the app.

You basically follow the link and enter your name and everyone joins at the set time. Like I said you can join early to check its all working etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.