• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonge88

Just a thought - have you guys checked your junk/spam email folders?

I am in a talent pool for db cargo (they use the same careers site as xc) and at first all of their emails went into my spam folder of my gmail account.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jim2803

Have to say the communication from XC HR is pretty poor.
I’m still showing application in progress but haven’t heard a dicky bird either way as yet
I'm in exactly the same boat, I've done most of the driving assessments with SWR so hoping/presuming that that is a reason they've not got hold of me.

That and there is no contact info to chase it up is getting me very frustrated frankly.

Glawsrfc

Just a thought - have you guys checked your junk/spam email folders?

I am in a talent pool for db cargo (they use the same careers site as xc) and at first all of their emails went into my spam folder of my gmail account.
Check that at same time as inbox.....nothing
Still showing “application in progress” on website.

I'm in exactly the same boat, I've done most of the driving assessments with SWR so hoping/presuming that that is a reason they've not got hold of me.

That and there is no contact info to chase it up is getting me very frustrated frankly.
I did OPC Watford with WMT (tests and MMI) all passed and failed the DMI (final stage b4 medical) so hoping I’m in the second batch they were planning to have.

Last edited:

D Rivers

Well here’s another “potential” start date (HR’s words, not mine!) come and gone. This past 15 months has been looooong!

Edinburgh1987

No pal.

Why do you ask??
Waiting 15 months and you don't work for them is brutal! Thought you might be internal, I'm waiting on mmi results and I'm starting to worry they've pulled the jobs!

I'd just like to know either way so I can apply for other things etc, plus 21 weeks away from home would need planning!

TheAnswer89

Waiting 15 months and you don't work for them is brutal! Thought you might be internal, I'm waiting on mmi results and I'm starting to worry they've pulled the jobs!

I'd just like to know either way so I can apply for other things etc, plus 21 weeks away from home would need planning!
They actually provide you with accomodation in Derby as far as I know, so planning is limited in that department.

D Rivers

Applied last year. Just before lockdown. Psychos at end of august. Passed everything. Still waiting!

jonge88

5 of us at Watford today, 3 in my group. We all failed unfortunately. 2 of us got to the computer tests and I failed on the traffic photos so end of the line for me

a December course was mentioned today so don’t loose hope yet if you’re still waiting!

Edinburgh1987

They actually provide you with accomodation in Derby as far as I know, so planning is limited in that department.
That's alright for me mate but I have a wife and two kids

Applied last year. Just before lockdown. Psychos at end of august. Passed everything. Still waiting!
That's brutal mate, I'm moaning about 2 weeks

Last edited:

D Rivers

5 of us at Watford today, 3 in my group. We all failed unfortunately. 2 of us got to the computer tests and I failed on the traffic photos so end of the line for me

a December course was mentioned today so don’t loose hope yet if you’re still waiting!
Sorry to hear that pal.

Scotsman101

Still waiting on mmi results, feel like they would of been in touch by now if It had been good news, is there anymore assessments this week?

I was there on the 4th May, (applied for Birmingham). Made it as far as the MMI.

Well done to all of you who have passed.

I've heard nothing today so it's looking likely that it's the end of the road for me. Disappointing but pleased I got Stage 1 and Stage 2 done....and pleased to have got so far to be honest.

Edinburgh1987

I was there on the 4th May, (applied for Birmingham). Made it as far as the MMI.

Well done to all of you who have passed.

I've heard nothing today so it's looking likely that it's the end of the road for me. Disappointing but pleased I got Stage 1 and Stage 2 done....and pleased to have got so far to be honest.
Until its a no I'd not give up mate, worst case you know what to expect now and use it as a learning experience. I missed out before so just keep plugging away

Until its a no I'd not give up mate, worst case you know what to expect now and use it as a learning experience. I missed out before so just keep plugging away

Indeed. It was my first attempt at them and it was a really useful experience. Pleased I didn't slip up on Stage 1 and 2. Looks like I couldn't quite make the finish line but maybe one day I'll come back and have another go.

Already got a career on the railway on the go and there's plenty of things I'd like to try and build on and do within my own grade...so lots of different avenues to explore!

Status
Not open for further replies.