• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

antbravo81

Sorry to join the number of people messaging if they have heard anything. I noticed alot seems to be for Edinburgh and birmingham. Has anyone who applied for manchester heard anything at all?

Ant2knee

Sorry to join the number of people messaging if they have heard anything. I noticed alot seems to be for Edinburgh and birmingham. Has anyone who applied for manchester heard anything at all?
I’ve applied for Manchester. The process started March 2020. I’ve not heard anything since the OPC testing in July 2020.

NorthernTech

I’ve applied for Manchester. The process started March 2020. I’ve not heard anything since the OPC testing in July 2020.
So you don’t know even if you passed or failed the test centre? Did you do both paper and computer tests, and if so then sit an MMI?

NorthernTech

Yes we have been informed we have passed the interview and OPC test day. I did the DTM interview first at Derby and then did the full day of OPC tests in one day at Watford, paper, computer and interview.
So I presume from this then you must be in the talent pool awaiting a start of which you will then be sent to a medical? From reading about various talent pools on here, you may be be waiting a day/week/several months/few years, the pool is a waiting area but at least with the passes you are in a strong position to apply elsewhere in the mean time, a great situation to be in compared to the rest of us for sure!

Ant2knee

So you don’t know even if you passed or failed the test centre? Did you do both paper and computer tests, and if so then sit an MMI?
Yes we know that we passed the OPC assessment day at Watford and the interview at Derby. Unfortunately though that’s also when the lockdowns and restrictions deepened and all the recruitment and training had to be put on hold.
It’s been a waiting game since then.

So I presume from this then you must be in the talent pool awaiting a start of which you will then be sent to a medical? From reading about various talent pools on here, you may be be waiting a day/week/several months/few years, the pool is a waiting area but at least with the passes you are in a strong position to apply elsewhere in the mean time, a great situation to be in compared to the rest of us for sure!
Yes I think we’re in a waiting game now.
Regarding other TOC’s though it’s not as straight forward as that as some TOC’s have a slightly different assessment criteria and interview method. They also vary in pass scores, enhanced or standard. I do know that if I was to apply at Avanti (where I currently work) then I’d have to sit the whole process again. I don’t want to do that at this point as I really fancy a change and Cross Country is where I’d like to move across too as a driver.
You’re correct though, having the passes is certainly a good place to be. The assessment day at Watford was a long and full on day, it’s a big relief to have it done and dusted.
Good luck with your ongoing process too.

Last edited:

TEK2021

Has anyone who applied for Edinburgh or Birmingham and passed MMI had any word about medical or start dates?

I too passed my MMI and they said the date of 21st of June still stands but that’s 4 weeks away now and there will be a lot of people with 4 week notices.

Thanks

Scotsman101

Has anyone who applied for Edinburgh or Birmingham and passed MMI had any word about medical or start dates?

I too passed my MMI and they said the date of 21st of June still stands but that’s 4 weeks away now and there will be a lot of people with 4 week notices.

Thanks
There was only 3 vacancies for Edinburgh which have been filled, so if you didn't get contacted then you'll most likely be in the talent pool for the next course if Edinburgh get more vacancies.

D Rivers

Thanks
Welcome to the talent pool! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Scotty7

It’s been nearly a month since I went to OPC, has anyone heard whether they have passed or failed or are people still waiting to hear?

I'm still on application in process and not heard a single peep since the "we will get back to you in 2 to 4 weeks", i knew railway recruitment is slow but this is something else

TEK2021

It’s been nearly a month since I went to OPC, has anyone heard whether they have passed or failed or are people still waiting to hear?
I take it you were applying for Edinburgh? I believe they started letting people know the results about 2 weeks ago. I had to contact them though for my results so maybe try that if you haven’t heard yet

bowejangle96

Been following this thread since the position came up, was wondering if anyone has applied for Manchester (or any other location) who has passed the psychometric tests with any other TOC has heard anything, as I passed mine with TFW in December '20 (failed on the DMI) and still not heard a peep since the "we should get back to you in 2 to 4 weeks" email. The log in portal on DB website still shows application in progress... I'm still hopeful... just...

D Rivers

they don’t need trainees for Manchester right now. They needed 3 for Edinburgh and 3 for Birmingham for the June course. The May course was all internals I believe.

Glawsrfc

I'm still on application in process and not heard a single peep since the "we will get back to you in 2 to 4 weeks", i knew railway recruitment is slow but this is something else
Ditto...the commmunication from XC HR dept has been woeful.several emails with no reply.
A simple “sorry you were unsuccessful this time but we will keep you on file for future vacancies” would have sufficed.

Status
Not open for further replies.