• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had a DMI over 7 weeks ago and still no outcome.
I’ve emailed them twice and had no response at all. I’ve experienced slow recruitment responses before with other TOCs but I’ve never had this where I’ve spent the time to prepare for an interview and then had no contact after.
Portal still just shows Assessment

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MPE

Hello all,

I applied for the XC Manchester position and haven’t heard anything back Since the very first email.

However my application is still showing in progress, is this usually something that changes to end of process when you are unsuccessful?

If I haven’t heard back by now is it safe to assume I have been unsuccessful? Or is there possibly still a small chance.

thanks.

D Rivers

I’ve had a conversation with head of recruiting and they don’t require trainees in Manchester right now. He said that he thinks it’ll be end of 2021 start of 2022. There are people waiting to start from the previous intake (me being one) that is why no new applicants have been assessed! It’s not over until it says “end of process!”

Ceat0908

Did the RAAT test back in April, but still had no reply, my profile still states Application In Process.
A few of my colleagues have application in progress still, even though they’ve finished hiring for the location… and we know they have as one of our ex colleagues got it lol.

A few of my colleagues have application in progress still, even though they’ve finished hiring for the location… and we know they have as one of our ex colleagues got it lol.
Aren't there any vacancies in the Birmingham depot,it's states Manchester depot when applying, but I heard they would place you at your nearest depot, mine is Birmingham.

PickleTree

Aren't there any vacancies in the Birmingham depot,it's states Manchester depot when applying, but I heard they would place you at your nearest depot, mine is Birmingham.
I went through this process for the 1 Bournemouth vacancy, you couldn't change the location when applying but they said they would allocate accordingly. I was interviewed by the depot and area manager for Bournemouth so the allocation process worked. From speaking to a XC driver a lot of the vacancies were filled by internal applicants and the rest of us were placed in a pool for future opportunities. Fortunately I start with another company in October.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
I went through this process for the 1 Bournemouth vacancy, you couldn't change the location when applying but they said they would allocate accordingly. I was interviewed by the depot and area manager for Bournemouth so the allocation process worked. From speaking to a XC driver a lot of the vacancies were filled by internal applicants and the rest of us were placed in a pool for future opportunities. Fortunately I start with another company in October.
What job you gonna do with this company in October & for which company?

Edinburgh1987

Think they have tonnes of people nearing retirement, there's three for Birmingham on the latest course and one for Manchester. Think they will hire slot next few years.

Jaxscc

I applied to CC in Feb for Manchester. Question is I've recently sat an assessment with another TOC and so I now have passes for the paper assessments... Is it worth contacting CC and informing them that I now have these passes?

Established Member
I applied to CC in Feb for Manchester. Question is I've recently sat an assessment with another TOC and so I now have passes for the paper assessments... Is it worth contacting CC and informing them that I now have these passes?
No. As the vacancy has long closed.

TheAnswer89

You can try, but it won't give you any advantage. I had all the tests passed and I wasn't contacted neither.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Thank you, but its not about gaining an advantage it's about keeping an application in progress updated.

Are you sure its "in progress"? The DB portal is notoriously bad at keeping that status there months after the vacancy has been fillled.

LCC106

Established Member
Wouldn’t hurt to contact them. They’ll either advise you you were unsuccessful / vacancy is closed if that IS the case, or they might ask your permission to keep your info on file for the future.

D Rivers

4 courses planned for next year using the people in process on DB’s site. So I’d say yes, give em a bell!

Jaxscc

Thank you to everyone for your input. As far as I'm aware the Manchester vacancy was never progressed any further due to the fact that they didn't need anyone for Manchester at the time they posted the job advert (please feel free to correct me should this info be wrong!)...My status still said 'in progress' when I checked yesterday and to hear that they are planning courses for next year is fab news .... I will definitely send them an email, if I don't get a reply at least then I've tried to update my application and if I get a reply then bonus I may find out what's going on!:lol:

TheAnswer89

Thank you to everyone for your input. As far as I'm aware the Manchester vacancy was never progressed any further due to the fact that they didn't need anyone for Manchester at the time they posted the job advert (please feel free to correct me should this info be wrong!)...My status still said 'in progress' when I checked yesterday and to hear that they are planning courses for next year is fab news .... I will definitely send them an email, if I don't get a reply at least then I've tried to update my application and if I get a reply then bonus I may find out what's going on

Hit me up with an emaill address if you find one. I will try as well.

Trainset33

Hit me up with an emaill address if you find one. I will try as well.
Yes I’d like an update as well, if someone could provide an email address that’d be great. I’m in the same/similar position as Jaxscc. I’ve passed the paper tests with a different TOC since making the application. Didn’t get far enough to sit the computer tests so still have two ‘lives’ left.

Last edited:
Both my Chiltern and XC applications now read 'XC trainee train driver'. Should I read much in to that from an ownership/rebranding perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.