• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Not a bad salary for a trainee position. I notice it says you must be able to commit to the full 39 weeks training? That must incorporate at least some handling I'd imagine as that's a long time (unless it has something to do with it being an Apprenticeship?)? Unless they're taking longer with everything due to Covid backlogs?

Anon87

Interesting!

Hopefully they might have some Bristol vacancies soon!

Kevlar

The May Course finishes in October and the June course finishes in March 2022, must be a typo because the June course is 4 months longer.

D Rivers

All training is in Derby. I’m just waiting for a start date from last years recruitment. Covid messed it all up!

Davidh1998

Hi all, I'm applying for this position. I've uploaded my CV and on the next bit there's a section to upload references. What exactly is supposed to be put there. Contact information for the references or something that the references have already written?

DB0161

Does anyone know what the pay structure is after the completion of initial training. At Northern it’s spread over a 3 year period but I’ve never seen Cross country pay scales.

Anon87

Out of interest, how old is everyone here who is thinking of applying if you don’t mind me asking?

At 33, is it too late for me to realistically make the career change?

DB0161

Out of interest, how old is everyone here who is thinking of applying if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi Pete,

On my trainee driver course we had two trainee’s both over the age of 50 and I was 38. I would suggest 33 is a great age as you have bags of life experience.

SJN

Not a bad salary for a trainee position. I notice it says you must be able to commit to the full 39 weeks training? That must incorporate at least some handling I'd imagine as that's a long time (unless it has something to do with it being an Apprenticeship?)? Unless they're taking longer with everything due to Covid backlogs?
I started the course this week and yes there are a lot of weeks of handling incorporated into the course.

Oska

54 when i started my course, i was an external. Now fully qualified. 33 ! your still a young man Pete.

Anon87

Thanks for the replies to my question guys - it seems like most trainees are infact late 30s onwards from what I’ve read, with those in their 40s and 50s being most common. Great to see!

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Any ideas how Crosscountry are with living outside of 1 hour away?

I'm well over 1 hour away, but I will apply as soon as I get home. I don't see the travel distance mentioned as a requirement on their page.
XC, like any TOC, will require you to live within 1hr of the depot as part of the fatigue management/risk index. I don't know how they are with relocations for trainee positions, as they've only very recently started taking trainees.

Chuchu

XC, like any TOC, will require you to live within 1hr of the depot as part of the fatigue management/risk index. I don't know how they are with relocations for trainee positions, as they've only very recently started taking trainees.
Hope they accept relocating as I will happily do it :D

PickleTree

I have applied, good to see another Bournemouth opportunity. Having completed the psychometrics and MMI for another FOC to the enhanced level I am hoping this might help me. Lets see how it goes.

Applying via tablet is nightmare, just won't let me attach documents. I take it you're all having no problems applying via laptops, PCs etc...?

JH9

I have applied, good to see another Bournemouth opportunity. Having completed the psychometrics and MMI for another FOC to the enhanced level I am hoping this might help me. Lets see how it goes.
I got the impression that you could only apply for Manchester roles? I know it mentions several locations at the start of the advert, but when you go down to the 'apply' bit, it only states Manchester.

Does anyone else agree or am I just being a bit blind?

TheRailMan

What’s the salary after the training? Does it go up or is it left at the £37k? Seems low for a train driver is all. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.