• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohka89

I’m very nervous about the RAAT test. Any tips from those who have previously taken the test? Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PickleTree

A couple of questions for the folks who’ve had the email. What depots are you going for and have you already passed the OPC assessments?
I have applied for the Bournemouth depot and yes I have passed all the OPC assessments to an enhanced level including the MMI. I included this information on my covering letter.

Edinburgh1987

I've applied for Edinburgh, I've passed some of the tests at Scotrail. The Raat test i found pretty basic, the training material is a couple paragraphs. You read passages and then answer multi choice

Not sure, could be wrong but I think I’m seeing a pattern forming. The ones who got the email today have passed the OPC tests and the ones who haven’t, haven’t. I could be completely wrong and overthinking it but that’s what seems to be happening

Ahh ok, fair enough, ignore my previous post then!
Yeah, I’ve passed the OPC tests to enhanced level but not had the email. I asked the question in the hope it might illustrate a pattern but it doesn’t appear to be the case.

I’m very nervous about the RAAT test. Any tips from those who have previously taken the test? Many thanks
I’ve not taken the RAAT test but it sounds like a situational judgement test. If that’s the case then it’s about common sense with a focus on safety.

Established Member
I’ve not taken the RAAT test but it sounds like a situational judgement test. If that’s the case then it’s about common sense with a focus on safety.
It's not. It's a read the passage of information and use it to answer the questions type test.

Not sure, could be wrong but I think I’m seeing a pattern forming. The ones who got the email today have passed the OPC tests and the ones who haven’t, haven’t. I could be completely wrong and overthinking it but that’s what seems to be happening
I've had the email and never sat any OPC Driver assessments.

JoeEcco

Has anyone received this email that has applied for Birmingham or Manchester? Hoping they are doing it depot by depot.

sd0733

Established Member
Has anyone received this email that has applied for Birmingham or Manchester? Hoping they are doing it depot by depot.
I put in for Manchester and ive had the email.
Railway recruitment works in mysterious ways so i wouldnt panic just yet. There could well be other ways its being done.

Eebbs1912

Got the same email. Done my test this morning you get 22 minutes for 34 questions. Seemed easy enough and enough time to do all the questions.

Edit :- its nothing like an SJT mentioned above. Read a passage and then there's 3-4 questions with multiple choice answers.

Last edited:

Mohka89

Yeah, I’ve passed the OPC tests to enhanced level but not had the email. I asked the question in the hope it might illustrate a pattern but it doesn’t appear to be the case.

Thank you for your advice. I will practice next few days and then take the test.

Glawsrfc

Still showing in process and no email as yet

Apologies...does the email come from system administrator as per the others??

With re

Don’t think it matters if you’ve done your OPC tests already as some people have got RAAT email without doing OPC it seems

Last edited:

PickleTree

With re

Don’t think it matters if you’ve done your OPC tests already as some people have got RAAT email without doing OPC it seems
The email comes from CrossCountry Trains.

Glawsrfc

With re

Very frustrating process during lockdown

The email comes from CrossCountry Trains.
Ta

Mattydo

I don’t recall there being anywhere to include your NI number in the application which is how they would look up OPC results to see if they meet their standards. (Remember “enhanced” isn’t a standardised level).

PickleTree

I don’t recall there being anywhere to include your NI number in the application which is how they would look up OPC results to see if they meet their standards. (Remember “enhanced” isn’t a standardised level).
Added my NI number to my CV and covering letter so they could use it to check my results.

Mattydo

Added my NI number to my CV and covering letter so they could use it to check my results.
I just meant based on others theories of only taking those with passes. I didn’t include mine and have an invitation to RAAT although I have already started elsewhere now.

PickleTree

I just meant based on others theories of only taking those with passes. I didn’t include mine and have an invitation to RAAT although I have already started elsewhere now.
Fair enough, where have you started? Are you still going ahead with this application?

Firefly83

Out of curiosity for those who have received emails inviting them to the next stage or who are already on boarded with a TOC what was your role/job before hand?

Brad182

Out of curiosity for those who have received emails inviting them to the next stage or who are already on boarded with a TOC what was your role/job before hand?

This is my first time applying for any rail position. I received the RAAT email from XC (though haven’t completed yet). And I’m currently a bus driver :)

antbravo81

No need to shout.. ;) Reading the responses so far it would seem no one has heard anything except a few who, when logging in, have had an ‘end of process’ status.
sorry about that. bloody kid always types in caps. :rolleyes: mine still says application in progress. they are prob miles behind due to covid

Arinargo

sorry about that. bloody kid always types in caps. :rolleyes: mine still says application in progress. they are prob miles behind due to covid
Im hoping they're just behind and doing invites in batches, I did submit my application late, like 2 days before the closing date so hoping that's why still waiting.
Still saying application in progress, patience is a virtue I guess :P

carl123uk

Completed the test yesterday. Fairly easy imo. 2 or 3 paragraphs to read and then answer a few questions on the statement. Few tricky ones in there to try and catch you out just read the question fully. Plenty of time given to do it

PickleTree

I appear to be the only one so far who ran out of time. Just answering the last 2 and it cane to an end. Hopefully that doesn’t count me out.

Justlooking

Just completed the raat test, when and how will i find out how I did ? Never completed driver tests before? Thanks for any info

Status
Not open for further replies.