• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Demx93

No thats not the one that called me. They left me a message to call back anyway luckily as I never pick up unknown mobile numbers!
Congratulations, do you kind me asking what your background is? Also have you been trying long to get into driving?

sd0733

Established Member
Congratulations, do you kind me asking what your background is? Also have you been trying long to get into driving?
Thanks
Im a Guard at a different TOC, been in that job for not far off 10 years and I applied for drivers jobs pretty much along side the original application and on and off ever since. Been a long journey even to get to this point!!

Demx93

Thanks
Im a Guard at a different TOC, been in that job for not far off 10 years and I applied for drivers jobs pretty much along side the original application and on and off ever since. Been a long journey even to get to this point!!
Nice one! Hope you make it all the way! Good luck :)

PickleTree

Thanks
Congratulations. Has anybody else that got the invite to complete the RAAT had a phone call yet?

sd0733

Established Member
Well done! What's your depot if you're happy to say? I wonder - maybe they go depot by depot and that's why some of us already heard back and some did not.
Im in for Manchester

Claire-r

Just had a call for progressing to the next stage for a Microsoft Teams interview later on in the week. Hopefully other people hear too.
Is this with XC? Where are they based? I had a missed call from London and praying that wasn’t them.

Congratulations. Has anybody else that got the invite to complete the RAAT had a phone call yet?
I completed the RAAT assessment 1st April and deadline was 7th April so now just waiting to see if I passed

Last edited:

TheAnswer89

Is this with XC? Where are they based? I had a missed call from London and praying that wasn’t them.

I completed the RAAT assessment 1st April and deadline was 7th April so now just waiting to see if I passed
They will leave a voicemail if they can’t get a hold of you.

Glawsrfc

Glad people seem to be progressing eventually.
Still showing “application in progress” for me unfortunately.....they’re just making the frustration worse by not at least making contact when others are seemingly progressing through the process

PickleTree

Had my phone call this morning, booked in for interview next week. Completed my RAAT just over a week ago, applied for Bournemouth.

TrainTracks

Glad people seem to be progressing eventually.
Still showing “application in progress” for me unfortunately.....they’re just making the frustration worse by not at least making contact when others are seemingly progressing through the process

TBf it’s not been too long. I know it’s frustrating but when I applied to TPE last year it took 4 months to get any sort of reply - then the job was pulled.

jakefoy1989

Hey everyone.

After passing the online RAAT test for this vacancy based at Manchester Picc, I have a teams interview this Thursday with a DTM and assistant DTM. Just wanted to know if anyone knew what questions would be asked? I'm currently a guard at Northern. Had a few incidents I've had to manage. Hoping that will help. Thanks in advance for any information.

LCC106

Established Member
If you use the search function at the top right of the page and search for DMI, there is loads of info. Welcome to the forum and yes, you should be able to really draw on your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.