• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PickleTree

Just completed the raat test, when and how will i find out how I did ? Never completed driver tests before? Thanks for any info
Somebody who went through it last year said they got a phone call to invite them to next steps. Those who hadn’t passed apparently didn’t hear anything. They also mentioned that the turnaround was pretty quick. Good luck.

Justlooking

You probably won't. These aren't THE driver tests either.
Ah no probs , thanks for responding
Somebody who went through it last year said they got a phone call to invite them to next steps. Those who hadn’t passed apparently didn’t hear anything. They also mentioned that the turnaround was pretty quick. Good luck.
Oh good to hear thanks, good luck to you too

MPE

Hello!! Anyone still not heard anything back since applying but showing still in progress

Signalgirl

I’ve heard nothing. I applied on the closing date so maybe they’re going through them in the order people submitted?

Dousey

Hello!! Anyone still not heard anything back since applying but showing still in progress
Same here. I submitted my application on Febuary 11th, got an acknowledgement email several weeks later but have heard nothing since. As has been said already, they'll have thousands of applications to sift through while working from home so I'm not concerned that I've been forgotten, just got to wait.

TrainTracks

I applied quite early and am still ‘application in process’ and nothing more. I’m not sure when you applied has much to do with it. I suspect they just have a matrix of who they want and in what order to bring people in.

Firefly83

Mine still shows in progress and not had an email either way other than the original “thanks for your application”. I think it’s prob safe to say if we didn’t receive an email inviting us to do the test it’s more than likely the end of the road.

Claire-r

Hi I received an email from XC to do the RAAT assessment which I already know consists of 34 questions in 22 minutes but does anyone know what the pass mark is and is there another test I’d have to do as I have already past the psychometric assessment test I have GCSE English and Adult numeracy level 2 equivalent to a grade C.

Mine still shows in progress and not had an email either way other than the original “thanks for your application”. I think it’s prob safe to say if we didn’t receive an email inviting us to do the test it’s more than likely the end of the road.
I wouldn't lose hope just yet, I have a feeling they're doing it in batches as some have already had their status turned to "end of process". I'm starting to wonder if this first batch of RAAT tests are for the first training date, and then next week (maybe, who knows) they'll put the second out for the second training date. This is just guessing but I don't think it's the end of the road

Glawsrfc

Is anyone else finding this whole process more than a tad frustrating with the lack of communication...especially if you’re still showing “application in process” when you log into your profile on DB website.

was told I’d have a reply 2 weeks after the initial reply date...that is 4 weeks ago now including the extra 2 weeks.

Ceat0908

Is anyone else finding this whole process more than a tad frustrating with the lack of communication...especially if you’re still showing “application in process” when you log into your profile on DB website.

was told I’d have a reply 2 weeks after the initial reply date...that is 4 weeks ago now including the extra 2 weeks.
Unfortunately that’s railway recruitment. Hang in there.

Claire-r

I checked mine when I signed in and says application in progress. Does anyone know when the training start dates are in Derby just for a matter of interest?

I applied on the 19th February and had the email for the test on the 31st March
Snap! I just finished RAAT test and now waiting to hear

It will be scored against everyone else.

None of this is relevant at this time. You still need to complete the RAAT.
It’s not about completing the test to answer every question. What they are looking for is whether you understood the question by getting the question right. The more right the better than getting most wrong just because you were rushing to complete the test in the given time

L.M_DannyC

Just have some patience, I had an interview for Qualified Driver with XC recently, was told it would be 1-2 weeks to find out result, it's now been almost 3. Just how it is I'm afraid, railway recruitment isn't the quickest in normal times, let alone during a pandemic.

Just a hunch but there was supposed to be 2 intakes (May and June). So may be they will send out two batches of invites to do the RAAT test. The second batch might be a month after the first?!

PickleTree

Would anyone have the contact email for HR/recruitment please? Cheers
It has been mentioned on here a few times that the recruitment team are working from home so are only answering emails. I have to say on the one occasion I used the same email address above somebody rang me back 2 hours later. However now this campaign is in full flow there is no doubt that they will be snowed under.

TheAnswer89

Whatever you want to write to them will not increase your chances and will not speed up the process anyway, so maybe just be patient. Railway industry is insanely slow in terms of recruitment. Most of the time whole process takes anything in between 10 months to 2 years anyway. Be patient.

Coach Carter

Whatever you want to write to them will not increase your chances and will not speed up the process anyway, so maybe just be patient. Railway industry is insanely slow in terms of recruitment. Most of the time whole process takes anything in between 10 months to 2 years anyway. Be patient.
I don’t need them to increase my chances or speed up due to the fact I’m already in a drivers job elsewhere, I just needed the HR contact.

sd0733

Established Member
Just had a call for progressing to the next stage for a Microsoft Teams interview later on in the week. Hopefully other people hear too.

Status
Not open for further replies.