• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ash39's Trip Reports & Photos 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Excellent report as always Ash.
I've done a couple of the Southern Daysave tickets in the past (and am doing an overnighter next month which will be two days worthwhile of tickets).

I've also had repeated issues with gate lines and staff education is seriously lacking in what the ticket is and where its valid. I missed a train at Hove last year due to the lady on the gate line questioning the ticket.

Some gateline staff are poorly trained in dealing with anything unusual, such as rovers.

Or in the case at Basingstoke, a simply break of journey when you have a 25 minute connection and want to pop to the shop on a simple day return.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Some gateline staff are poorly trained in dealing with anything unusual, such as rovers.

Or in the case at Basingstoke, a simply break of journey when you have a 25 minute connection and want to pop to the shop on a simple day return.
Indeed.

I complained, and got compensated, but would rather just go about my business with minimal fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.