• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

At risk of getting a Penalty Charge Notice for parking in the East Finchley station car park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meole

A friend received a PCN for a car park he had never visited, on challenge he was sent a photo of a different car with a slightly different plate, nevertheless he was taken to court and had great difficulty in explaining it was not his error, he received no costs as it was felt he had not been firm enough in not engaging legal advice immediately. He says another time he will pay to avoid the hassle.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tallguy

Pay up when it’s not even your car? Unbelievable! These tickets are easily defeated if dealt with promptly and in the correct manner. Never give these parasites any money.

Egg Centric

Very simple, go to pepipoo.com and post up the details in the private parking tickets forum. The regulars there will help You get this quashed.

Just for a bit of context - before starting this thread I messaged @Mojo to ask if I should start it here or pepipoo and they were happy for it to be here since it presumably raised by law matters. Do we think that the lack of mentioning by laws anywhere in the PCN means it's a standard private parking case or... otherwise? There's some interesting wording in the PCN btw - I shall upload a photo of it tomorrow.

Tallguy

I’m no Lawyer however, if the space is subject to by-laws you can’t use other legislation against this parking incident and vice versa. What has been sent is essentially an invoice. There is a mass of expertise over at pepipoo and I suggest a suitably redacted copy of the PCN that has been sent together with comprehensive details of what happened are posted up on there and seek the assistance of those who have extensive knowledge of this type of situation. Do not ignore the situation. The sooner the details are posted on pepipoo the sooner an answer will be given as to how to defeat this and get it cancelled. That info can be relayed here or a link provided to the thread. Time is of the essence.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I use an app where you can park on people’s driveways for relatively small amounts, bypass these parking goons

MotCO

Established Member
Always use a disaster as an opportunity is one of my key bits of life advice.

Slightly off-topic, but a good example of using disaster as an opportunity: my local pillar box was closed due to roadworks, but cannot be reopened "because of Covid". Needless to say I am challengng it.

I use an app where you can park on people’s driveways for relatively small amounts, bypass these parking goons

I did this for a holiday, but unfortunately parked in the wrong space! My space was further up the road.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Slightly off-topic, but a good example of using disaster as an opportunity: my local pillar box was closed due to roadworks, but cannot be reopened "because of Covid". Needless to say I am challengng it.

I did this for a holiday, but unfortunately parked in the wrong space! My space was further up the road.
Oops!

I’ve used it a few times whilst going to Wembley, plenty of spots near Stanmore tube.

robbeech

Established Member
Massively OT, my Aunt and Uncle once stayed in a b&b in Edinburgh. They arrived back in the car after a day out whilst there and struggled to park. Luckily a few other guests were in the bar, they had 3 people come out and shuffle their cars about so they could fit theirs in before they realised they weren’t at their b&b, it was another half a mile down the road.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Massively OT, my Aunt and Uncle once stayed in a b&b in Edinburgh. They arrived back in the car after a day out whilst there and struggled to park. Luckily a few other guests were in the bar, they had 3 people come out and shuffle their cars about so they could fit theirs in before they realised they weren’t at their b&b, it was another half a mile down the road.
Oh god that’s hilarious

I bet they were mortified.

island

Veteran Member
Just for a bit of context - before starting this thread I messaged @Mojo to ask if I should start it here or pepipoo and they were happy for it to be here since it presumably raised by law matters. Do we think that the lack of mentioning by laws anywhere in the PCN means it's a standard private parking case or... otherwise? There's some interesting wording in the PCN btw - I shall upload a photo of it tomorrow.
What does the P in PCN stand for in this case? Parking or Penalty? (It is an important distinction.)

Status
Not open for further replies.