• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti Advance - What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Hi All,

I’ve got an AP for this evening from Euston to Carlisle. I was originally booked on the 17:57 Avanti Pendolino as far as Lancaster, where I was to wait for 40 mins and catch the 20:55 Pendolino (18:30 off Euston) as far as Carlisle. The 17:57 is now being terminated short at Preston.

The official advice on the Avanti website is:

You can travel on the Avanti West Coast service immediately before or after this train with your orginal ticket. Unfortunately, any seat reservations will not be carried over, please speak to a member of our team to find out wheres best to sit.

(https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/live-train-status)

Am I now allowed to catch the 18:30 all the way from Euston, or do I still need to get the 17:57 as far as Preston and just change here instead of Lancaster?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
You've omitted to tell us explicitly, but I've looked it up, that the 17:57 you are booked on has been cancelled at Preston: (https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/live-train-status)
17:57 London Euston to Lancaster due 20:30 will be terminated at Preston.
It will no longer call at Lancaster.
This is due to a member of train crew being unavailable.
Additional Information:
You can travel on the Avanti West Coast service immediately before or after this train with your orginal ticket. Unfortunately, any seat reservations will not be carried over, please speak to a member of our team to find out wheres best to sit.
Were sorry for the delay to your journey, you might be entitled to some compensation. Head to avantiwestcoast.co.uk/delayrepay for more information.

jfollows

Established Member
Am I now allowed to catch the 18:30 all the way from Euston, or do I still need to get the 17:57 as far as Preston and just change here instead of Lancaster?
My reading, and what I would do in the absence of any written approval to do otherwise, would be to catch the 17:57 and change at Preston.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Update - I see the train (17:57) has now been cancelled outright. I’ll just catch the 18:30

Status
Not open for further replies.