• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabob

Yeah I think you would deffo need to go on some sort of waiting list or fill out a change of circumstances form after passing probation
Thanks Londonkens anyone else with any knowledge on how hard the part time csa roles are to get?

Just got the call from Katie start the training for night shift csa on Dec 5th. She said they will send contract three weeks before have asked if I can get it earlier so I can sort out notice period etc she said she will ask. Will be just about a year since the final interview till the training which seems mad but still better than some and will be done before Christmas so can't complain! Thanks to all for tips, shoulder to cry on etc. Hang on in there if you are still waiting things seem to be moving along a bit recently. Good Luck all!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mabs

I got my Contract emailed to me a few days ago. Exactly four weeks before I start my training.

Joshua_Harman

Hello folks,
Back in May I applied for a potsition with TFL and didnt hear anything back for quite a while, assuiming I Had been ghosted I moved on and out of the blue recently I recieved an invite to an interview with TFL In london.

I attended the interview (I Think it went ok..) And was told that I would be contacted in 2-3 Weeks with a Yes / No Result.

This time frame has now elapsed and stiil I have not heard anything. Was wandering if anyone else had simular experiences with TFL? concidering they took several months to reply to me, have they just forgotton or maybe they are likley to take a lot longer?

Anyone have any advice or was in a simular situation?

LCC106

Established Member
It’s typical of railway recruitment. Sit back and wait I’m afraid.

Roger1973

With the combination of current strike actions, the government funding negotiations dragging on, and the possibility of someone who needs to make a decision being on holiday, I would not be at all surprised.

With most large organisations I've applied for jobs with, the decision is generally later than they tell you it's going to be.

And TFL are not noted for being quick with anything...

Hope there's good news soon.

Sy99

I got my Contract emailed to me a few days ago. Exactly four weeks before I start my training.
Have you started your training yet? And because you do SWR will affect doing part time TFL?

Waiting to start my training for Night tube CSA.

Halfway Boy

So there has recently been an advert sent out for new T/Ops to work Saturday/Sunday earlies and lates only (TO26 Grade) in order to reduce the weekend working burden on full time train ops following the absorption of night tube into full time.

The lists got filled and closed pretty much straight away.

The reason I am posting this is because the vast majority of recruitment into the T/Op grade is from CSA’s. So there may finally be a fair amount of movement in the CSA grade over the next few months for anyone who’s been waiting for a long time.

Mabs

How is everyone doing? I started my CSA1 Night Tube course a couple of days ago. It's going well so far.

There was 12 people on our course but we had a no show from a lady so we only have 11 peoples.

Sy99

How is everyone doing? I started my CSA1 Night Tube course a couple of days ago. It's going well so far.

There was 12 people on our course but we had a no show from a lady so we only have 11 peoples.
How long is your training

Mabs

How long is your training
The training is 2 weeks of class room learning and assessments and then 1 week of shadowing until we go LIVE.

There is a lot of reading to do when you get back for the night. I definitely can't read on the train as it gets packed out.

Sy99

The training is 2 weeks of class room learning and assessments and then 1 week of shadowing until we go LIVE.

There is a lot of reading to do when you get back for the night. I definitely can't read on the train as it gets packed out.
Thanks for replying. I start my training in January for night shift role.

I read you do part time for SWR. I got a job offer with South eastern railway part time. Do I mention this when I start my training ?

Mabs

Thanks for replying. I start my training in January for night shift role.

I read you do part time for SWR. I got a job offer with South eastern railway part time. Do I mention this when I start my training ?
It's upto you if you want to mention it. I did at my interview.

Your first job will be your main employment so you will need to get three weeks off work (Full time) to do the TFL CSA1 training.

You will also sign a form to say you will abide by the law and underground rules and regulations and not come to work tired. (Safety critical role).

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.