• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackZeta

That's great.

Did you get to choose where you want to work?
No, they’re nominating the station for you. You can swap with someone from the group but this one was the best for me and to be honest everyone was happy with locations. Today we had a fire assessment which everyone passed, as someone wrote before if you’re listening and asking questions you’ll be fine. We’ll have I think two more tests but I’m not sure which one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FinchN9

Just received a conditional offer!! After waiting from Dec 16th and applying in June last year it’s been quite a while!! Hope some of the other people who had interviews Dec 16th have heard too! :)

They have sent though a ton of files though.. so a little confused as to what I need to email back, as the staff pass one requires a photo to be attached.. also the duty of care form states night tube not full time. So may give them a call tomorrow! But happy things are on the move!

How long did it take people from getting there conditional offer to doing the medical to actually going on training??

Last edited:

Londonkens

No, they’re nominating the station for you. You can swap with someone from the group but this one was the best for me and to be honest everyone was happy with locations. Today we had a fire assessment which everyone passed, as someone wrote before if you’re listening and asking questions you’ll be fine. We’ll have I think two more tests but I’m not sure which one.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated- what did the fire assessment test comprise of?

I’m glad you got Bond Street area, I think that would suit me too.

Deffo let us know about the two other tests when you can. Also how long will you be training in Ashfield house?

Just received a conditional offer!! After waiting from Dec 16th and applying in June last year it’s been quite a while!! Hope some of the other people who had interviews Dec 16th have heard too! :)

They have sent though a ton of files though.. so a little confused as to what I need to email back, as the staff pass one requires a photo to be attached.. also the duty of care form states night tube not full time. So may give them a call tomorrow! But happy things are on the move!

How long did it take people from getting there conditional offer to doing the medical to actually going on training??
Finally!! It’s about time, congratulations you must be relieved knowing the ball is rolling, I think from memory if you go back to the older posts it seemed to be 8 weeks between each - however I got my conditional offer in early December 2021 and I’ll start training early July.

Fingers crossed yours will be a lot quicker

From applying for the job initially to starting training it works out as a 13 month wait.

Rme6

Applied in June 2021 Had my offer on 19th November, medical in January and starting in July. All the paperwork they sent, read it carefully and fill them up. If anything is missing, they will tell you.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated- what did the fire assessment test comprise of?

Deffo let us know about the two other tests when you can. Also how long will you be training in Ashfield house?

Finally!! It’s about time, congratulations you must be relieved knowing the ball is rolling, I think from memory if you go back to the older posts it seemed to be 8 weeks between each - however I got my conditional offer in early December 2021 and I’ll start training early July.

Fingers crossed yours will be a lot quicker

From applying for the job initially to starting training it works out as a 13 month wait.
I think we are on the same course

Applied in June 2021 Had my offer on 19th November, medical in January and starting in July. All the paperwork they sent, read it carefully and fill them up. If anything is missing, they will tell you.

I think we are on the same course
Have you received your contact yet.

Last edited:

BlackZeta

Congratulations!
I was waiting from 4th of November as I’ve got a conditional offer that day till June. I’ve started this month. But I’ve got the call in the middle of April.

It was 25 questions. First day you’ll get a lot of booklets with different modules. One of them is a fire assessment. You’ll go through it with your trainer but they’re explaining everything very good. It’s mainly about fire procedures, evacuation, fire extinguisher. If you’re listening it’s easy.
Two other test you’ll have to do is about tickets and I think some general information from induction. Ashfield house is one week, second week on Monday just a first aid training and from Tuesday you’ll be shadowing on your station.

Last edited:

Mabs

I’m excited to finally start after such a long wait but at the same time a bit stressed. Hopefully everything will go well and I’ll get a good station and team to work with :) of course I’ll let you know what to expect!

Just an update after first day. Very nice and positive atmosphere. Trainers are really helpful and giving all the information. We had a group of 10 and from tomorrow we’ll have two groups of 5. I’ve got a Bond Street area with one more guy. The rest got Oxford Circus, Heathrow, Euston, London Bridge and Waterloo. I’ll let you know more after few days ;)
I hope I get Heathrow,

I'm still waiting for a start date but I recently sent Katie an email giving my booked holiday dates.

Good luck with your training. I'm sure it will be ok

Rme6

Hang in there, they tell you within 24 hrs if you unsuccessful. No news is a good news.

Londonkens

I just signed and returned my contract.

Me too, I did it at 10am this morning - with a few back and forth emails confirming a few things and I also asked about the salary being the same as the one stated in the june 2021 original advert for the role, the lady confirmed that the salary on that is old and it will indeed be more than the one we signed for and reflect the recent pay increase given to TFL colleagues.

anyone know how long after you do roleplay stage they get back to you ive been waiting 15 days now

If you are concerned I’d give recruitment a ring, but it is quite a drawn out process - be warned. Best of luck to you :)

Mabs

If they are still doing role plays and other assessments, I think its good news that they probably have other course dates coming up. I hope I get the call soon. I've been waiting a while.

Mawkie

I also asked about the salary being the same as the one stated in the june 2021 original advert for the role, the lady confirmed that the salary on that is old and it will indeed be more than the one we signed for and reflect the recent pay increase given to TFL colleagues.
I have attached the latest implementation notice for CSAs (Note there are the 2021 and 2022 pay notices in separate columns.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220609-175410.jpg
    Screenshot_20220609-175410.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 113

FinchN9

Thanks everyone! I received an email today to do my identity video call on Monday… so that seems pretty quick no? Think I remember people waiting a while to do that?

Yankee123

Thanks guys I was one of the ppl who did there final interview on dec 16th and only just found out I’ve been successful and given a job offer!

Londonkens

Thanks everyone! I received an email today to do my identity video call on Monday… so that seems pretty quick no? Think I remember people waiting a while to do that?

Very quick, they may have had a few people drop out and need replacing - so that works out perfect for you - congrats

Thanks guys I was one of the ppl who did there final interview on dec 16th and only just found out I’ve been successful and given a job offer!
Well done, welcome to the firm :)

ruby

If they are still doing role plays and other assessments, I think its good news that they probably have other course dates coming up. I hope I get the call soon. I've been waiting a while.
I really hope you get the call soon. It’s been a long wait.

Congrats to everyone who has a start date. Nice to finally end the waiting game.

Londonkens

Congratulations!
I was waiting from 4th of November as I’ve got a conditional offer that day till June. I’ve started this month. But I’ve got the call in the middle of April.

It was 25 questions. First day you’ll get a lot of booklets with different modules. One of them is a fire assessment. You’ll go through it with your trainer but they’re explaining everything very good. It’s mainly about fire procedures, evacuation, fire extinguisher. If you’re listening it’s easy.
Two other test you’ll have to do is about tickets and I think some general information from induction. Ashfield house is one week, second week on Monday just a first aid training and from Tuesday you’ll be shadowing on your station.

How’s it all going for you with the training? How did the rest of the tests go? I imagine you would have started in the station now

Mabs

I really hope you get the call soon. It’s been a long wait.

Congrats to everyone who has a start date. Nice to finally end the waiting game.
It's a waiting game.
Another hour left for today waiting, If its not today then I hope its sometime this week. If not then another weekend to go until I could get a call next week. Its been like this for a few months.

Kay_M

Afternoon all

After reading through this thread. Firstly congratulations for those that have gotten their foot in TFL. I was going to ask if one gets accepted for a role within tfl in terms of background checks and references does one provide specific names for references or just HR?

Rme6

Afternoon all

After reading through this thread. Firstly congratulations for those that have gotten their foot in TFL. I was going to ask if one gets accepted for a role within tfl in terms of background checks and references does one provide specific names for references or just HR?
HR.. That's what I did.

Roger1973

I was going to ask if one gets accepted for a role within tfl in terms of background checks and references does one provide specific names for references or just HR?

Would have thought it would depend more on how your current / recent employer is set up than on TFL. Some places are too small to have an HR department, so anything would have to go to manager / director / owner.

I've worked in large organisations where it's been policy that any reference request has to go through HR (even if it is addressed to an individual manager) and they may prefer it to go through a group mail inbox (as in [email protected]) rather than to a specific named HR person.

An increasing number of employers won't give a detailed reference for people, they will just confirm dates of employment and job title, and not a lot else. (It is an urban myth that "it's illegal to give a bad reference" - but a reference that's false or malicious can be the subject of legal action. Many employers choose not to take any risk here.)

I've also got as far as the references / background check stage with one employer where they were happy to accept something I downloaded from the inland revenue bit of government website which showed I'd been employed for the last X years, without even bothering my former employer (not that I had a particular problem seeking this, but it was quicker all round that way.)

Rme6

Would have thought it would depend more on how your current / recent employer is set up than on TFL. Some places are too small to have an HR department, so anything would have to go to manager / director / owner.

I've worked in large organisations where it's been policy that any reference request has to go through HR (even if it is addressed to an individual manager) and they may prefer it to go through a group mail inbox (as in [email protected]) rather than to a specific named HR person.

An increasing number of employers won't give a detailed reference for people, they will just confirm dates of employment and job title, and not a lot else. (It is an urban myth that "it's illegal to give a bad reference" - but a reference that's false or malicious can be the subject of legal action. Many employers choose not to take any risk here.)

I've also got as far as the references / background check stage with one employer where they were happy to accept something I downloaded from the inland revenue bit of government website which showed I'd been employed for the last X years, without even bothering my former employer (not that I had a particular problem seeking this, but it was quicker all round that way.)
You are 100% right. Tfl only wants to know if you are working with the company you said you are (not sacked) and how long.

That's exactly they got from my employer.

Mabs

HR.. That's what I did.
I gave the HR details. One of them replied and one of them didn't even reply (Prison service) Government under funded and can't even be bothered to reply. TFL accepted my payslips and bank statements instead for the Prison service as proof of employment.

Kay_M

I gave the HR details. One of them replied and one of them didn't even reply (Prison service) Government under funded and can't even be bothered to reply. TFL accepted my payslips and bank statements instead for the Prison service as proof of employment.
Oh I see. I always thought you could also give the manager details if requested to but that's handy to know

Mabz

It's not that hard, study the tube map pay attention to central London Stations. Read the paragraph they give you couple of times and look for mistakes. Relax you will be fine.

Just an update, passed my medical mid January and just been told that I'm number 50+ on the list. I think this list is longer than M6.
Hi

Would you kindly help me with the final stage Interview which is via zoom call.

I understand its a competency based interview, any tips or questions that could get me started please

Thank you

Mabs

Hi

Would you kindly help me with the final stage Interview which is via zoom call.

I understand its a competency based interview, any tips or questions that could get me started please

Thank you
One of my questions was a time I had to fix something.

It was easy for me because I already work part time for SWR ticket office so I often fix problems with the TVM and load more tickets, sort out any ticket or coin jams.

It could come up so it's something to think about.

I just realised you are also a Mabs, Mabz

Status
Not open for further replies.