• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JemSimms

Training salary should be £22068 pro rata .
Is it for that 1 month training only and then it will go up to 26111 once you finished it? Do you also happen to know if they consider where we live before giving us the station that we will be working? Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KingKiev123

Is it for that 1 month training only and then it will go up to 26111 once you finished it? Do you also happen to know if they consider where we live before giving us the station that we will be working? Thank you.
That salary is just for the 1 month training then it goes up to £27568. They said that they will try to consider where you live but no guarantees.

Judders

Spoke to them yesterday regarding starting the train maintainer- felt they actually seemed a little more helpful for once, they said things are actually moving this time, but we shall see been told that before!

There is only a limited/ handful amount Of FTCs at one depot

Then they will start filling other vacant positions with the people on the employed list at various depots

maybe worth others giving them a ring too as you may find out more over coming days

Last edited:

JemSimms

That salary is just for the 1 month training then it goes up to £27568. They said that they will try to consider where you live but no guarantees.
Do you know if they give us our oyster card before the start of the training? Thanks

shabazz

i received email few days ago asking if im still interested and option for ft and pt for csa night tube. has anyone else received this? hope training starts soon

Mwc10

Anyone know if TfL send contract via email or do you sign the contract on the day you start training?

Woodsy93

Spoke to them yesterday regarding starting the train maintainer- felt they actually seemed a little more helpful for once, they said things are actually moving this time, but we shall see been told that before!

There is only a limited/ handful amount Of FTCs at one depot

Then they will start filling other vacant positions with the people on the employed list at various depots

maybe worth others giving them a ring too as you may find out more over coming days

Hi mate

Sounds positive, may contact them again next week and see if they actually pick the phone up this time

whizz

Anyone heard anymore on starting the train mainter positions?
Received a phone call today from a withheld number and they offered me a position subject to medical. The lady did mention things are speeding up, but they have less positions to fill than before covid. I guess it all depends on where you are on the waiting list.

Railroader22

What stations have you guys, that have started/finished training, been positioned in? And do any of you live outside of London?

Judders

Received a phone call today from a withheld number and they offered me a position subject to medical. The lady did mention things are speeding up, but they have less positions to fill than before covid. I guess it all depends on where you are on the waiting list.
What number was you on the list mate?

TAW

Hey, was this for a permanent position or a FTC ? If you don’t mind me asking

whizz

I'm not 100% sure, either the 30's or 40's. I was told this last year.

Hey, was this for a permanent position or a FTC ? If you don’t mind me asking
It's a permanent position

They call from an unknown number, Keep an eye out for it. They usually follow up with an email if you don't answer, but it seems they are speeding things up quite rapidly and may even contact the next person in line.

Judders

Fingers crossed I get a call then last time I check I was 30 odd so hopefully get the call!!
If nothing I’ll be calling again next week

TAW

I'm not 100% sure, either the 30's or 40's. I was told this last year.

It's a permanent position

They call from an unknown number, Keep an eye out for it. They usually follow up with an email if you don't answer, but it seems they are speeding things up quite rapidly and may even contact the next person in line.
Oh nice hopefully you start soon.

JemSimms

I am still waiting for my contract, my start date is on 28th of June but I was told that they can only send the contract 2 weeks before I start. I have to hand in my resignation to my current employer and I need to give atleast 4 weeks notice. What should I do? Because I do not want to be jobless incase the June 28 will not push through due to Covid measures.

Anyone here starting training on 14th June 2021 for CSA2?
Sorry to ask have you received your contract yet? Thanks

They emailed it over and you can scan the signed contract or photograph it and email it back.
Hi,
Would you be able to tell me when did you received your contract like is it a month before your start date? As I have to give 4 weeks notice to my current employer but I was told that they will send the contract within 2 weeks before my start date. I don't want to resign and be jobless without a contract. Thank you.

Last edited:

Corner

I am still waiting for my contract, my start date is on 28th of June but I was told that they can only send the contract 2 weeks before I start. I have to hand in my resignation to my current employer and I need to give atleast 4 weeks notice. What should I do? Because I do not want to be jobless incase the June 28 will not push through due to Covid measures.

Hi JemSimms I was in the same situation as you before I started. When I handed in my notice I mentioned that if the start date was changed due to covid ect I'd be looking to withdraw my notice, surprisingly went down alright.
Luckily that never happened and started on time

Last edited:

Mwc10

Sorry to ask have you received your contract yet? Thanks

Hi,
Would you be able to tell me when did you received your contract like is it a month before your start date? As I have to give 4 weeks notice to my current employer but I was told that they will send the contract within 2 weeks before my start date. I don't want to resign and be jobless without a contract. Thank you.
Hi, yes I did receive it after calling HR.

Hanson

Hey guys have been following the thread, really interested in applying for csa2 with tfl, can anyone send me a link to the career website to apply for this role please

will be very grateful
Thanks

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hey guys have been following the thread, really interested in applying for csa2 with tfl, can anyone send me a link to the career website to apply for this role please

will be very grateful
Thanks
The role hasn’t been advertised for quite some time now. This thread was started in Oct last year & the people discussing start dates etc would have applied a long time ago.

JemSimms

Hi JemSimms I was in the same situation as you before I started. When I handed in my notice I mentioned that if the start date was changed due to covid ect I'd be looking to withdraw my notice, surprisingly went down alright.
Luckily that never happened and started on time
Hi,
I just phoned them and was told that it will be 1 week before I start and he didn't really listen on my concern and just ended the call. But how's the training and working for TFL any good? Thanks

ninhog

will be very grateful
Thanks
Perhaps your interest isn’t sufficient if you’re not able to have a quick Google...

Corner

Hi,
I just phoned them and was told that it will be 1 week before I start and he didn't really listen on my concern and just ended the call. But how's the training and working for TFL any good? Thanks

If you've been in contact with Onboarding everything should be fine.

I've found the training very good, and the people great aswell (train maintainer though)

Status
Not open for further replies.