• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JemSimms

If you've been in contact with Onboarding everything should be fine.

I've found the training very good, and the people great aswell (train maintainer though)
Thank you for your response. I am torn if I will leave nhs, it is a change of career for me. I get more money in NHS at the moment but looking forward TFL has a lot to offer.

Hanson

Perhaps your interest isn’t sufficient if you’re not able to have a quick Google...
And who says I haven’t? As @Mojo stated above, it’s hasn’t been advertised for quite awhile now, hence why I thought perhaps there was a different career site where these positions are been posted that I didn’t know of.

Only recently considered moving to TFL recently as I work for a national rail TOC over 5years now and it’s really not a surprise getting this response from you.

Passing on judgemental statements to individuals at the slightest opportunity.

thanks ones again @Mojo btw!

TAW

Can anyone who has been through, or is currently undergoing training for a train maintainer provide a brief summary of what it entails i.e. Revision topics.

Many thanks

Jimbo12345

TfL long term funding might need to be confirmed first. We were supposed to hear yesterday when the current bail out ended but it’s been radio silence since. I would not want to be a new starter at TfL at present. Cuts are coming

Judders

See that just been confirm that they have just got more funding, so hopefully they actually get people started now!

JemSimms

Hi,
I have important appointment on the 9th of July but my training date starts on the 28th of June (CSA2), do you think they will allow be to be off on that day and work on 1 weekend to cover it? Is the training in the classroom for 4 weeks? Thank you

Can anyone share their training timetable for CSA2 please. Do we have classes in the classroom for how many weeks/days? Thanj you

Can anyone share your working patterns as CSA2 please thank you.

Yeah it is! That’s good to know at least someone I’ve spoken to before ☺️

CSA 2
Hi,
Would you be able to share the shift patterns for new CSA2 and the training as well is it hard? Thank you.

Annoying that you didn’t get the full experience in trainin, but at least you’re in. Why station or cover group did you get put in? And were you allowed to choose?
Hi,
Would you be able to share your work patterns/shifts as new csa 2, what time do we start and how many hours a day. Thank you

Last edited:

LOROL123

Hi,
I have important appointment on the 9th of July but my training date starts on the 28th of June (CSA2), do you think they will allow be to be off on that day and work on 1 weekend to cover it? Is the training in the classroom for 4 weeks? Thank you

Can anyone share their training timetable for CSA2 please. Do we have classes in the classroom for how many weeks/days? Thanj you

Can anyone share your working patterns as CSA2 please thank you.

Hi,
Would you be able to share the shift patterns for new CSA2 and the training as well is it hard? Thank you.

Hi,
Would you be able to share your work patterns/shifts as new csa 2, what time do we start and how many hours a day. Thank you
Hi

Here are shift patterns for CSA 1 and CSA 2 at three Cover Groups.

Plus...this is the Framework document which provide some info on deployment and annual leave for CSA roles.

Attachments

• Bakerloo South CSAs.pdf
    154.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Jubilee South CSAs.pdf
    133.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Victoria Centre CSAs.pdf
    153.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Stations Framework.pdf
    329.2 KB · Views: 95

LOROL123

Anyone have an idea on all the different cover groups?
I attach the cover list!

All the areas have either Customer Service Assistants (CSA’s) 1 and/or 2. Please note below:

The following Areas have no CSA1s:

Loughton (Central East)

Pinner (Metropolitan North)

Ealing Common Area (Piccadilly West)

The following Areas have no CSA2s

Wembley Central (Bakerloo North)

Queens Park (Bakerloo North)

Kilburn Park (Bakerloo Centre)

Warwick Avenue (Bakerloo Centre)

Marylebone (Bakerloo Centre)

Elephant & Castle (Bakerloo South)

Mile End (Central Leyton)

Hainault (Central East)

Walthamstow (Victoria North)

Seven Sisters (Victoria North)

Blackfriars (District City)

Mansion House (District City)

Stepney Green (District City)

Whitechapel (District City)

East Ham (District East)

Edgware Road (Circle & Hammersmith North)

Euston Square (Circle & Hammersmith North)

Wembley Park (Metropolitan South)

Swiss Cottage (Jubilee West)

Hampstead (Northern Edgware)

Archway (Northern High Barnet)

Kentish Town (Northern High Barnet)

Camden Town (Northern West End)

Warren Street (Northern West End)

Kennington (Northern City)

Oval (Northern City)

Clapham Common (Northern South)

Balham (Northern South)

Morden (Northern South)

Cockfosters (Piccadilly East)

Arnos Grove (Piccadilly East)

Bounds Green (Piccadilly East)

Manor House (Piccadilly East)

Arsenal (Piccadilly Centre)

Hatton Cross (Piccadilly Heathrow)

Attachments

• Tfl Cover groups.pdf
    32.7 KB · Views: 81

Kaiwats

Good afternoon i’m new to the forum and not sure if this is the right place to post this thread and I have not seen any threads about this, but has anyone else applied for these roles? Or is there anyone that knows how long the training for these roles are and what the training pay is like?

Also if there’s anyone already in tfl working as a bus controller or traffic controller that can tell me the hours and days you cover in a week.

Thanks

Railroader22

What cover stations have you guys been given? I’ve moved jus out of London and really want to go ahead but afraid I will be placed somewhere impossible to reach

Thanhhh

Hey I just got a conditional offer for CSA2 yesterday, I was wondering how long it would take for Reed to contact me to commence the employment referencing and criminal record checks? And when could I expect to do the medical? On the email they said they have start dates for training beginning July the 26th - august 23rd

LOROL123

What cover stations have you guys been given? I’ve moved jus out of London and really want to go ahead but afraid I will be placed somewhere impossible to reach
It is a gamble where you are based sadly. They try to be sympathetic to where you live.

Customer Service Assistant

Important Information

Please ensure that you understand the following information before signing your contract

Your location of work could be anywhere on the London Underground system. Your position will be a Customer Service Assistant (CSA). You will be allocated to a station area, which is likely to be in the central area. There will also be times when you will be expected to cover duties at areas within the wider cover group. Cover Groups are made up of a number of Areas.

Due to the amount of development work on the network, you may find that your first location is temporary with a permanent location being allocated at a later date. We will always try to locate you with due regard to your journey to/from home.

Contract
5. Location 5.1 LUL has the right to require you to work at any location it may determine from time to time within the area served by the TfL transport network. You may be required to work outside this area from time to time.

Judders

Anyone else heard anymore on starting train maintainer as of yet?

Seems to have gone all quite again, but hearing of loads of vacancies at multiple depots!

ElaenaS

Yes, they are, well hopefully. Last day was the 4th of july but they withdrew the link a week before.
My submission status says completed but no reply or message from HR.
Anyone else here has applied ?
Fingers crossed it will come
I applied and had my first stage assessment last Friday, got my second stage today!

Thanhhh

Yes and yes I have. Finally! Been the longest wait
Congrats! You applied late 2019 like me? lol I start on the 2nd August hopefully, I got the email for employment screening and contract is getting sent to me to sign. May I ask if they called your references? On the Reed forms they didn’t ask me for the numbers

bjpx

Congrats! You applied late 2019 like me? lol I start on the 2nd August hopefully, I got the email for employment screening and contract is getting sent to me to sign. May I ask if they called your references? On the Reed forms they didn’t ask me for the numbers
Thank you! Yes, I literally got a conditional offer towards the end of 2019. I got the email about future start dates also and managed to get the 26th July start. I am not sure about references. Next for me is the OH appointment. Good luck with it all and congrats to you on your start date

Thanhhh

Thank you! Yes, I literally got a conditional offer towards the end of 2019. I got the email about future start dates also and managed to get the 26th July start. I am not sure about references. Next for me is the OH appointment. Good luck with it all and congrats to you on your start date
A long wait for yourself as well then, what is an OH appointment?

Zefco2113

I applied and had my first stage assessment last Friday, got my second stage today!
Can i ask you if you are an internal candidate? I am a London bus driver at present so i applied saying that i am an internal candidate. Just wanting to find out as i have no reply whatsoever.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.