• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Upminister007

Anyone else heard anymore on starting train maintainer as of yet?

Seems to have gone all quite again, but hearing of loads of vacancies at multiple depots!
Hi I hope your well & safe. Have you started your role yet as a TM? Do you have any up to date info on what is exactly going on with the TM positions. Thanks

If you've been in contact with Onboarding everything should be fine.

I've found the training very good, and the people great aswell (train maintainer though)
Have you recently joined this role TM.

Zefco2113

@mabob. Received an email in my junk folder that i have passed the online assessment and they will send me a link for a written one, and that it took time as they are extremely busy. Positive news at last.
Check junk folder just in case.

mabob

@mabob. Received an email in my junk folder that i have passed the online assessment and they will send me a link for a written one, and that it took time as they are extremely busy. Positive news at last.
Check junk folder just in case.
Zefco you are a legend just checked my junk mail and had the same mail yesterday!

Judders

Anyone else heard anymore regarding starting the train maintainer positions? Only been waiting 18 months so far…

Woodsy93

Anyone else heard anymore regarding starting the train maintainer positions? Only been waiting 18 months so far…
Nothing for me yet, but I have just heard from someone in tfl there are rumours of night tube returning in April and will also be running Thursday nights. I expect if true more TM staff will be required

Ryu2007uk

Hey guys, I accepted the conditional contract agreement for csa 2 a week ago. I've been waiting for a week for Reed to get in touch for the pre-employment checks. Is anyone in the same situation, and can anyone give me a time frame for how long they waited. Thanks guys
Ryan

Judders

Yeah mine took 2 weeks before they contacted me, had to do a verification call with TFL first then I got it come through 2 days later

Hanson

Heard back from them yesterday offering available start date in November after waiting over 3weeks post submitting my forms.

would anyone advice I choose to be on waitlist for next year dates as I can’t start in November due to childcare constraints

Judders

I would accept it and try find a way, from what I’ve heard if you don’t you would go back to the bottom of the wait list too be offer another position again

Hanson

Oh wow, I did thought so - my mind just wasn’t keen on not taking one of those dates offered, and to be honest saw this as an opportunity to just put everything to bed and start on my role. I have now selected a start date out of the offered date they sent in November … just waiting on confirmation to go for my OH appointment fingers crossed

Woodsy93

Those of you waiting for TM role check your junk email folders, just been notified of upcoming training courses and filled in survey for depot location preferences.

whizz

Those of you waiting for TM role check your junk email folders, just been notified of upcoming training courses and filled in survey for depot location preferences.

Was there any mention of whether it was permanent or FTC’s?

A few of us have already been offered positions and should start training in a months time. Hold tight, it seems to be picking up now.

Woodsy93

Was there any mention of whether it was permanent or FTC’s?

A few of us have already been offered positions and should start training in a months time. Hold tight, it seems to be picking up now.
The survey mentioned FTCs would be coming up (6-24 months long).
I declined interest in FTCs on the survey and am waiting for a permanent position.
I'm still quite high up the waitlist at #52 as of Friday so will probably be one of the last to start.

whizz

The survey mentioned FTCs would be coming up (6-24 months long).
I declined interest in FTCs on the survey and am waiting for a permanent position.
I'm still quite high up the waitlist at #52 as of Friday so will probably be one of the last to start.
Good luck mate. Hang in there. It was a long wait. Hopefully things will start moving a lot quicker.

Mabs

Hi guys, I just found this thread and thought I'd reply.

I currently work part time for SWR 25 hours a week in the ticket office. I had lots of over time during the lockdown and now it's all dried up since we have a new full time member of staff.

I was offered the full time role but I couldn't accept the offer due to shift working and random days off and would be very difficult due to childcare issues.

I also work part time as a self employed Uber eats driver just to make up any shortfalls whenever I had time to do it.

Anyway I recently saw the TFL Customer service assistant - Night tube role and I thought I'd apply as it would fit in nicely with my weekly routine.

These are the dates which may help other people.

Applied 30/8/21
1st assessment 8/10/21
Role play 18/10/21
Interview 29/10/21
Congratulations email 1/11/21

Each stage they said I had to wait upto 2 weeks to get a reply if I passed but it was only 2-3 days wait.

I emailed all my documents via email on 2/11/21 so hopefully I hear back soon for a medical and get a start date.

Lewlew

Hi guys, I just found this thread and thought I'd reply.

I currently work part time for SWR 25 hours a week in the ticket office. I had lots of over time during the lockdown and now it's all dried up since we have a new full time member of staff.

I was offered the full time role but I couldn't accept the offer due to shift working and random days off and would be very difficult due to childcare issues.

I also work part time as a self employed Uber eats driver just to make up any shortfalls whenever I had time to do it.

Anyway I recently saw the TFL Customer service assistant - Night tube role and I thought I'd apply as it would fit in nicely with my weekly routine.

These are the dates which may help other people.

Applied 30/8/21
1st assessment 8/10/21
Role play 18/10/21
Interview 29/10/21
Congratulations email 1/11/21

Each stage they said I had to wait upto 2 weeks to get a reply if I passed but it was only 2-3 days wait.

I emailed all my documents via email on 2/11/21 so hopefully I hear back soon for a medical and get a start date.
If you intend to stay at SWR then don’t forget that the training for CSA is full time M-F 9-5 for the first few weeks

BlackZeta

Hi guys! I’m new here so I hope you can help me!
Last Thursday I had an interview for CSA2 and Friday I’ve got an email that I was successful! I clicked the link to accept conditional offer. Now, I have all documents ready (health questionnaire, proof of ID, address etc.). Should I send it now and wait for a date for OH appointment or I’ll get something else from them? I’m confused cause on the forms there’s employee number which I don’t have yet :)

And one more question, when they’ll send me the contract? I need to give 4 weeks notice so until I’ll sign the new one I cannot resign.

Thank you

Cat1234

Yes I plan to request 3 weeks off as unpaid.
Congrats on your job offer. Have you heard back regarding training dates yet? Wondering if the training really is 3 weeks as stated in the ad. From reading other posts, it seems rather short.

Lewlew

Congrats on your job offer. Have you heard back regarding training dates yet? Wondering if the training really is 3 weeks as stated in the ad. From reading other posts, it seems rather short.
It’s about 3 weeks in the training school at Ashfield House and then you go to your station to shadow someone for about 2 weeks.

Cat1234

It’s about 3 weeks in the training school at Ashfield House and then you go to your station to shadow someone for about 2 weeks.
Ok thanks.

The ad for the most recent night tube campaign states the following -

'Appointment to the post is subject to successful completion of a full-time training course which will be a maximum of 3 weeks (dependant on operational experience) to complete depending on licences currently held, including classroom based training and live station training. Candidates who do not pass the training will have their offer of employment withdrawn.'

Lewlew

Ok thanks.

The ad for the most recent night tube campaign states the following -

'Appointment to the post is subject to successful completion of a full-time training course which will be a maximum of 3 weeks (dependant on operational experience) to complete depending on licences currently held, including classroom based training and live station training. Candidates who do not pass the training will have their offer of employment withdrawn.'
The 3 weeks in the training school (the classroom based stuff as you quoted) is Mon - Fri 9 - 5 (ish). After that, you get sent to your station group to shadow and will be doing shift work, so if it’s Night Tube then that’ll be Sat and Sun nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.