• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belgium/Netherlands diversions March-June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
While booking some tickets, I came across some interesting diversions on the B-Europe site at:
https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Disruptions

These include:
1. No rail traffic between Brussels-North and Brussels-Midi from 29 April to 1st May:
Thalys will connect Paris, Brussels and the Netherlands with an adapted schedule (using western bypass line 28 between Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid and the Netherlands).
Thalys will not connect Brussels and Germany, but will connect Liège and Germany (Thalys services connecting Paris and Germany will be diverted towards Liège via Namur).

2. Thalys and InterCity Brussels-Amsterdam not serving Schiphol Airport from 17 to 25 June:
Thalys trains connecting Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam will be diverted via Gouda
InterCity services connecting Brussels with Amsterdam will be diverted via Haarlem

There's a few other weekends when the InterCity Brus-Amst is replaced by a bus over the border at Roosendaal, while Thalys runs as normal.

Hope that's of some use or interest to all you Euro-fans.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
The underground trams (lines 3 and 4) go direct between Brussels N and S.
Don't know about the extra time, but as the Eurostar normally specifies a long check-in, I'd guess you might be OK.
Also, the bahn.de planner is showing the 0943 ICE from Köln terminating at Brussels N, with a train connection to Bru-S, taking 14 mins and not calling at Central, so presumably via the diversion route. Connects into the 1252 Eurostar departure.

MarcVD

The north end of station Bruxelles Midi will switch from all-relay to computerized signalling.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

Quakkerillo

So I booked Cologne to London using ICE on the 29th. How does I get from Nord to Midi? How much extra time do I need?
Ic

There are regular trains between Bruxelles Nord and Bruxelles Midi (3x/h, taking 24 minutes) with destinations Bruxelles-Midi (xx:11), Denderleeuw (xx:34), and Gent-Sint-Pieters (xx:50).

Looking at the ICE arrival times at Bruxelles-Nord, you'll arrive approximately 20 minutes later at Bruxelles-Midi than if you could stay on the ICE.

dutchflyer

Established Member
@2. this is quite common and also the case this weekend. BUS from Breda to Noorderkempen (Belgian domestic station along HS-line), then onward. NO BNL-trains at all run. Diversions via Haarlem or Gouda are also common. In fact (myself having a weekend-only season in NL and living close by AMSterdam) I guess that the AMS-BRU trains on weekends only run as advertised maybe 30 times out of 52 in a full year.
NS will only give more details some 10 days before travel. There is however a longer time list of expected works/diversions etc. on their site, only in Dutch.

Established Member
Meanwhile elsewhere in Holland the Rotterdam to Hoek Van Holland branch closes permanently from 1 April until September for conversion to part of the Rotterdam metro. :(

Replacement buses to and from Schiedam Centrum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.