• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bellahouston Park Halt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am Broc

Does anybody know where Bellahouston Park Halt in Glasgow was? It was a temporary halt on the Paisley Canal Line which served the empire exhibition in 1938. I live very close - near Dumbreck Station and was wondering if anybody knew where it was and if anybody has ever seen any pictures of it? I'm not sure whether it was on Fleurs Avenue or on Mosspark Boulevard, on Dumbreck Road or elsewhere.

I'm imagining that any remains of the station were probably destroyed under the M77 and related roadworks now as the M77 is very close to the railway in the Dumbreck/Mosspark station and the road junction to Dumbreck road was comprehensively remodelled.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I hope I'm posting this to right place!

Does anybody know where Bellahouston Park Halt in Glasgow was? It was a temporary halt on the Paisley Canal Line which served the empire exhibition in 1938. I live very close - near Dumbreck Station and was wondering if anybody knew where it was and if anybody has ever seen any pictures of it? I'm not sure whether it was on Fleurs Avenue or on Mosspark Boulevard, on Dumbreck Road or elsewhere.

I'm imagining that any remains of the station were probably destroyed under the M77 and related roadworks now as the M77 is very close to the railway in the Dumbreck/Mosspark station and the road junction to Dumbreck road was comprehensively remodelled.

Any information would be much appreciated.
This map on a page on the Halt on the excellent and ever interesting RAILSCOT site shows the location in relation to the park, railway and adjacent roads:

Looks to have been about halfway between Dumbreck station and Corkerhill depot, and yes - right under the M77.

Am Broc

Thanks hexagon789!

It looks like the Railscot site has updated this page recently as it didn't have such a detailed picture the last time a looked just a few months ago!!

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Thanks hexagon789!

It looks like the Railscot site has updated this page recently as it didn't have such a detailed picture the last time a looked just a few months ago!!
RAILSCOT is generally my first call for disused/closed stations and I was prepared for there to be no page on the station in question but as you say - they must have added it recently and I got lucky!

It's certainly in an interesting location, as it stands Bellahouston Park proper is a good walk from Dumbreck and not the easiest route either, would be handy if it still existed I think, even of it was a temporary exhibition station.

Status
Not open for further replies.