• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Berlin Public Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

Does anyone know if Berlin Tegel airport and Spandau are in their zones A or B.? I have looked at maps on the internet and teh ones I could find are not too clear.

I may be going from a Friday to Tuesday, so five days, there fore it may be better to get a week travel pass to cover the central zone A and maybe zone B too, rather than day passes. Useful if these could be bought at the airport or on the buses from there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Last time I used Tegel, there was a ticket office near the bus stops (about 10 years ago)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Weekly tickets are only AB, BC or ABC

Veteran Member
Last time I used Tegel, there was a ticket office near the bus stops (about 10 years ago)

And if you have any thought of going to Potsdam, an ABC would be worth it.

johnnychips

Established Member

There was still one about a year and a half ago, but it is not open 24/7. I couldn't see any automatic machines when I arrived about 2200, and I never thought of asking the driver. I just bought a single to town then got the weekly pass from a U-Bahn station next day.

If you are spending five days in Berlin, how can you not go to Potsdam :)

It's amazing, get an ABC ticket. I'm going again in October, can't wait!

EDIT: you can buy it online, 7 days delivery https://shop.bvg.de/index.php/tickets

You can't buy weekly tickets on the tram or bus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.