• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best transport from Glasgow to Bo’Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
I wasn’t sure which section to post this in.

I’m going on the SRPS overnight Railtour on the 1st/2nd June.

I have got tickets to get me from Blackpool North to Glasgow Central.

I’m not very well up on the train and bus services from the Glasgow area to the Bo’Ness & Kinneal Railway, so I’d like some ideas on the best way to get there without much hassle.

Cheers

Tim

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david737

Train from Glasgow Q. S. to Linlithgow then bus (can't remember what bus no since its a while since I've been) or you can get a bus from Falkirk but you would need to go to Falkirk Grahamston as the High station is a long way from town centre. The Linlithgow option is the best since its only about 3 miles from there to Bo'ness and you could always get a cab if there is no bus available.

trei2k

traveline scotland has the details, a quick search shows that service 45 and 46 will take your from Linlithgow station to Bo'ness.

DuncanS

Train from Glasgow Q. S. to Linlithgow then bus (can't remember what bus no since its a while since I've been) or you can get a bus from Falkirk but you would need to go to Falkirk Grahamston as the High station is a long way from town centre.

Its not, unless you are carrying excessive baggage or are unable to stride a trip to Falkirk town centre from Glasgow will be quicker via High and a walk down the hill.

Anyway, its easiest if you train to Linlithgow and then bus it from there.

Stopper

Linlithgow to Bo’ness bus is pretty horrendous and often doesn’t turn up but it’s probably still your quickest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.