• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool North to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Good evening

I’m travelling from Blackpool North to Huddersfield tomorrow evening, I have a through ticket, that requires a change of train at Preston and Manchester Piccadilly, I have to travel on the 18:47 departure from Preston as I have a reservation on it, the problem is that the recommended train from Blackpool North to Preston (18:03) service to Liverpool Lime Street has been cancelled most days since the timetable changes, if I arrive for this train and find it has been cancelled, I won’t have sufficient time to catch a Rail Replacement Bus to Preston and will miss my connection, what are my best options?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
What type of ticket do you hold?

Advance, or Off Peak/Anytime?

This will be indicated at the top of your ticket.

causton

Established Member
What is the 'Ticket type'?

It will be either on the orange band at the top of the ticket, or just underneath it (unsurprisingly underneath the words 'Ticket type'!).

totally

It’s an Advance Single
I would suggest that you arrive at Blackpool North in time for the 17:45 fast bus to Preston. Check if the 18:03 train is running, if it is wait for it, if not that bus will get you to Preston by 18:35. There would be no issue in you using an earlier bus or even I suspect an earlier train. I live in Blackpool and have adopted such an approach this week on my travels!

Whistler40145

Established Member
Now on the 17:15 Fast Bus to Preston, although the 18:03 is shown as running, I wasn't going to chance it, just in case it got cancelled too, this will give me ample time at Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.