• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool trams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Austriantrain

Established Member
But then how do the engineers know that something (be it the point mechanism, the PPI etc) isn't working so they can go out and fix it?

There are reporting requirements, obviously.

Trams operate on line of sight, which also means that each driver has to ensure that the point its tram is going to traverse is safe to pass and in the right direction. If it is (even after a manual change), no need to ask for authorization. The same happens when a traffic light is down or in countless other cases. If that risk is considered too high, then line of sight should not be allowed (which would all but kill trams, and would that be a worthwhile aim?)

Vespa

Established Member
Wow, so much bureaucracy for a simple change of points? I'm used to the Polish system, where the driver simply hops out and changes the points manually if they don't switch. It happens so frequently that it would be unthinkable for them to request permission every time.
I saw the same in Prague 1989 I don't think it has changed much since...

CH7997

Work is scheduled on 018 for middle of August, we'll have a full fleet of serviceable trams by end of August.

kbizzle

Hello, went on a heritage tour last night that went through the Starr Gate depot wash road.

Does anyone know the mileage of Starr Gate (S/B platform through the depot wash road) to the North Pier heritage stop?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Last edited:

vectra33

Hello, went on a heritage tour last night that went through the Starr Gate depot wash road.

Does anyone know the mileage of Starr Gate (S/B platform through the depot wash road) to the North Pier heritage stop?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Starr Gate - North Pier

3.11 miles | 3m 09ch | 5.01 km

Thanks, I'd got that originally but it went from the southbound platform through the depot and out the other side.
Unfortunately, the quail track atlas doesn't seem to give much in the way of a mileage through the wash road, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.