• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blue Pullman Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

Lots of wibble, and livery frothing going on, but look forward to it passing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Killingworth

Established Member
In case anyone hasn't heard, the tours for 2021 have been announced and include some lines in thee west Highlands, Kyle of Localsh. Here's the website: https://midlandpullman.com/

Sadly keeping well away from any pick ups in Yorkshire and the North East, although the homepage picture looks very like Whitby. A subsidiary/associate of Statesman Rail who had the 14th November trip on their site earlier today - now been moved to the new site.

Last edited:

43 302

Established Member

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've seen the pictures of the outside and I think it looks fantastic :) - I like the 'MIDLAND PULLMAN' font and the livery. I was never around when the original Pullman was there.

What photos are you referring to as the vehicles are still at Eastleigh with photos from inside the worls subject to an embargo.

Killingworth

Established Member
What do you mean moved to their new site? This is the site for the Midland Pullman operated tours. https://inter-city.co.uk/ for their intercity tours and https://www.statesmanrail.com/trips-tours/ for the statesman trips.

It's getting very confusing today. They seem to have launched 3 separate sites for different train sets. The Inter-City special site says
"We are pleased to offer unmissable bargain priced day tours in First Class comfort on our modern high speed air conditioned inter-city train, hauled by celebrity Class 90 electric locomotives to various destinations for a sightseeing break."

The HST Pullmans are here; https://midlandpullman.com/

DB

It's getting very confusing today. They seem to have launched 3 separate sites for different train sets. The Inter-City special site says
"We are pleased to offer unmissable bargain priced day tours in First Class comfort on our modern high speed air conditioned inter-city train, hauled by celebrity Class 90 electric locomotives to various destinations for a sightseeing break."

I'm not sure when their Class 90s because 'celebrity' locomotives! Several of the tours specify which loco it will be.

DB

Ah yes, it is a bit confusing.

I'd say when they repainted them into IC Swallow

Really not sure that makes them 'celebrity' - Flying Scotsman or Tornado are celebrity locomoties, not a class 90 which those without an interest in railways wouldn't give a second glance to.

Killingworth

Established Member
The common denominator is Jeremy John HOSKING who's finger is in many heritage railway pies, a director of 26 companies :smile:

43 302

Established Member
Really not sure that makes them 'celebrity' - Flying Scotsman or Tornado are celebrity locomoties, not a class 90 which those without an interest in railways wouldn't give a second glance to.
Celebrity locomotives to enthusiasts then. I agree it's pushing it a bit, though.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Those will be the provisional timings as opposed to the confirmed ones.

Killingworth

Established Member
The photos are embargoed until the set is ready and released from Eastleigh.

But there's a very good artists impression in Post 1 from the Railway Herald. It will be interesting to see how far it differs on public unveiling.

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Outward timings are now in the system.

Thanks for the timings!

I love the fact that LSL have booked it to run on my birthday! It's like a present from LSL!
Safe to say I shall certainly get some shots of it!

Just found two ECS moves for it from Piccadilly to Crewe C.S. and back to Piccadilly.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U68126/2020-11-14/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U68127/2020-11-14/detailed

CW2

Established Member
I see the Manchester - Crewe ECS runs fast line to Sydney Bridge Junction, then takes the Independent Lines.
That might get a bit messy, as there's no connection off the Fast Lines there (nor has been for 15 years or so).

Killingworth

Established Member
I see the Manchester - Crewe ECS runs fast line to Sydney Bridge Junction, then takes the Independent Lines.
That might get a bit messy, as there's no connection off the Fast Lines there (nor has been for 15 years or so).

Also going into Patform 6 at Piccadilly, which is due to be occupied a few minutes later! No return path yet so fine tuning still needed.

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Maybe the ECS schedules will be updated in due course to show a different route.

Thanks for all the updates... any sign of paths/movements to St Pancras on the morning?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Unsurprisingly the route has now been amended to be a circular trip via Crewe instead of going to Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.