• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking SNCF tickets - mobile number

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoxid

Established Member
I have just booked tickets through the oui SNCF app. They wanted a mobile phone number. I entered my number with an international call reference for a UK number.

Will I get any texts to confirm my booking or is it French numbers only or is it only used if there are issues?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluenoxid

Established Member
Yes I did. The app was very keen for a phone number, which seemed odd

TRAX

Established Member
You’ll be fine. Did you choose to have your ticket as an e-billet ?

peteb

When on the TER Avignon to Lyon last Tuesday one person in my compartment had an e ticket on their phone but it seemed to take the ticket inspector ages to validate it. Might have been due to poor mobile signal? I'd done the same but also had a printed ticket which was an A4 sheet with a QR code square which the inspector scanned and approved in 2 seconds so morale of the story seems to be print your ticket to avoid hold ups?

TRAX

Established Member
Yes. It’s on the app with a barcode.

So you’ll just need that and you’ll be fine. An ID may be handy too.

When on the TER Avignon to Lyon last Tuesday one person in my compartment had an e ticket on their phone but it seemed to take the ticket inspector ages to validate it. Might have been due to poor mobile signal? I'd done the same but also had a printed ticket which was an A4 sheet with a QR code square which the inspector scanned and approved in 2 seconds so morale of the story seems to be print your ticket to avoid hold ups?

This sounds like the passenger didn’t have their phone brightness high enough. To make sure the code is readable, put your phone screen brightness to the max when you see the ticket inspector coming. It never fails with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.