• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Braintree & Sudbury Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice on best way to cover these 2 lines.

In September I will be doing a SailRail from Liverpool Street to Harwich then on to Amsterdam and return.

On my return journey, Weekday, I would like to see if I can knock the 2 lines off my list of track coverage.

I'm thinking of using my return sailRail ticket and alighting at Witham to begin.

Anyone give me ideas on best ticket combo and fares ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Is there a particular reason for going to Witham? If not, it is cheaper and quicker to alight at Marks Tey and do Sudbury first.
Offpeak returns on the branches are £8 and £7 respectively after 0844, but as the anytime Sudbury is only 10p you could splash out and use the 0822 train instead of hanging around.
There are Super OP fares valid from 1159, but I wouldn't want to wait so long, and I can't think what cheaper option there might be.
PS I am assuming that as a Dutchflyer is valid on any train there is no problem with break of journey.

Is there a particular reason for going to Witham? If not, it is cheaper and quicker to alight at Marks Tey and do Sudbury first.
Offpeak returns on the branches are £8 and £7 respectively after 0844, but as the anytime Sudbury is only 10p you could splash out and use the 0822 train instead of hanging around.
There are Super OP fares valid from 1159, but I wouldn't want to wait so long, and I can't think what cheaper option there might be.
PS I am assuming that as a Dutchflyer is valid on any train there is no problem with break of journey.

Basically to do track coverage.
I not 100% sure I dont think you should break your journey with a dutchflyer ticket so I was going to use it from Harwich to Marks Tay only, then use other tickets back to London but it seem expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.