• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brightline to Disney World in 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Brightline and Walt Disney World Resort announced Monday that they have entered into an agreement to build a train station at Disney Springs.

The Brightline station will add a new travel option between Walt Disney World and Orlando International Airport.
It will also connect guests from Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach and planned stations in Aventura, Boca Raton and Port Miami, Brightline officials said.
Brightline’s expansion from West Palm Beach to the Orlando International Airport is slated to be completed in 2022.
The agreement with Disney hinges on the passenger-rail company securing government approvals......

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

popeter45

I wonder what route it will take?
going north from Orlando Airport would need more tunnelling/grade separation but going south may need the ability to reverse at Orlando airport

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I wonder what route it will take?
going north from Orlando Airport would need more tunnelling/grade separation but going south may need the ability to reverse at Orlando airport

The new line from Miami comes in to the airport from the north. You can see the construction on Google Maps. The extension to Disney Springs will continue South, although the route is unclear.

hacman

This is great news, as it will form the start of the extension to Tampa.

With any luck, it may also pave the way for SunRail to start serving both Disney World and Orlando International too.

The new line from Miami comes in to the airport from the north. You can see the construction on Google Maps. The extension to Disney Springs will continue South, although the route is unclear.

Yep - the Brightline route follows SR528 from Cocoa. I'm guessing we may see them try to head south and take over the OUC spur that runs to the south of the airport as far as Sand Lake, then cross through the residential developments somewhere near Hunters Creek.

Last edited:

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Yep - the Brightline route follows SR528 from Cocoa. I'm guessing we may see them try to head south and take over the OUC spur that runs to the south of the airport as far as Sand Lake, then cross through the residential developments somewhere near Hunters Creek.

Or down to the Greenway (417), along the median strip to Int’l Drive, and loop north round Lake Bryan to land in the median of I-4, all the way to Tampa. Where the Disney Springs station will be is anyone’s guess.

Update: seen something today that confirms the plan is indeed to go down the median of the I-4, which of course runs right past Disney Springs. How that ties in with getting across to MCO, I don’t know.

Last edited:

b0b

Established Member
Disney Springs probably means the "Magical Express" bussing from MCO will continue, unless Disney plans to do something to connect from DS instead. Would have been sweet for those buses to be replaced by the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.