• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Busiest Railway Station with 2 tracks in terms of train traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter0124

Established Member
Can you think of any stations with 2 platforms/tracks that have more tph than Partick-(28tph off-peak). Or is this the current busiest? And the trains have to stop, they can't pass through.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Lime Street Lower Level is as busy but it has 14tph from one track and one platform so it doesn't meet your requirement.

Only other 28tph from 2 platforms I can think of involves counting Metrolink services and only works for 2 hours on a weekday - Navigation Road.

Peter0124

Established Member
Lime Street Lower Level is as busy but it has 14tph from one track and one platform so it doesn't meet your requirement.
That's actually really busy for a one track station. Of course you can't have 28tph with one track because it wouldn't be possible unless the one track section is very short in length.

Last edited:

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Surrey Quays has 33 trains scheduled to depart in the next hour (starting 18:15)

richard1976

Liverpool James street has 28 trains per hour using 2 platforms (third platform only used if there is any disruption)

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Down platform at Queenstown Road sees ~22tph (mixture of stopping and non-stopping trains) in the busiest hour in the morning contra-peak.

Up platform currently around 16tph in busiest hour

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If you allow London Underground, Pimlico on the Victoria line has has 34 northbound and 36 southbound services scheduled (70 total) from its 2 platforms between 08:00 and 09:00
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Down platform at Queenstown Road sees ~22tph (mixture of stopping and non-stopping trains) in the busiest hour in the morning contra-peak.

Up platform currently around 16tph in busiest hour

The opening post says to only count services that stop!

sk688

I would say any of the Victoria line stations , but I think only Pimlico would qualify as it is the only station without any interchanges so only has two platforms and I think 36tph as the southbound trains all go to Brixton

So to sum up - Pimlico 36tph ( I think ) definitely above 30 though

Deepgreen

Established Member
Canada Water? 33 departures booked in the next hour

Canada Water has four platforms (two LU lines). Is the thread for genuine two platform stations only?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In terms of passenger numbers I believe it is Chelmsford, to add another dimension to things

Many LU two-platform tube stations will far exceed Chelmsford; for example Canary Wharf.

Status
Not open for further replies.